Energy Crisis

Take it up with wind energy ireland

1 Like

Electricity customers to get payment of €89.10 - CRU (rte.ie)

1 Like

Thanks Éamonn

Ah lovely,might have a few pints tonight to celebrate.Thanks Eamon

1 Like
  • There was a 47% increase in the number of Building Energy Rating (BER) audits reported in 2022 compared with 2021. (see Table A and Table 1)
  • The number of audits reported between October and December (Q4) 2022 was the highest in the 2009-2022 series and was 55% more than Q4 2021. (see Table A and Table 1)
  • Electricity was the main space heating fuel used in 86% of the dwellings with a BER audit and where construction was completed during 2020-2022. (see Table 9)
  • Dwellings built in 2015-2019 and in 2020-2022 were considerably more energy efficient than those built in earlier periods with 96% and 99% respectively given an A rating. (see Table 2)
  • Kildare (23%), Dublin County (21%), and Meath (21%) had the highest proportion of A ratings while Leitrim had the lowest at 2%. (see Table 4)
  • Looking at Dublin postal districts, Dublin 18 (27%) and Dublin 13 (25%) had the highest proportion of A ratings while Dublin 6 and Dublin 7 had the highest proportion of G ratings at 14%. (see Table 5)

Wow. So new houses are more energy efficient than older houses? The consultants really mugged off whoever commissioned that report.

one off rural houses are not being built to the requires standard is my hot take

1 Like

Or more new houses being built in Dublin commuter belt than in isolated rural North West

Anybody with Electric Ireland and on a smart meter? The projected usage screen is not working for the last few days just as I was coming to the end of my billing cycle, conveniently enough. I felt I was going to get it well under the projected usage amount but I somehow suspect it will be up against it when I get the bill tonight

#ibelievehim

Sounds great in theory; Elon can send a few rockets to the asteroid belt to bring back the minerals and resources to construct such a huge project

If it untwists the collective underpants of greta and @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy, then I’m all for it

€500 odd for the December/Jan bill. With the €600 back I’d say overall not fairing much worse than previous years.

Love to know what kind of house @Thomas_Brady friend is heating that she got a €1k plus bill.

As a nap from home worker I’d imagine my heating was on way more than others. Twas a cold auld few months too

3 Likes

Bill landed overnight, €377 before the €250 credit, was €275 this time last year.

The Air to Water heat pump crew are gone awful quiet lately.

2 Likes

We had that cold snap in early December alright but January has been fierce mild.

1 Like

There was a pair on with Matt Cooper the other evening getting strips torn off them by punters with increased heating bills

The current global cooling phase won’t suit these lads.

Anybody I’ve spoken to said they are only suitable for new homes where this is baked in from start. Lots of horror stories out there about sky high electricity bills.

1 Like