Euro 2016 - Irish Squad Watch

Christie, Keogh and Hendrick all in action for Derby on SS1 at the moment.

Hendrick has just scored his first of the season for Derby with a wonderful nutmeg and finish to give Derby a 1-0 lead.

Norwich strongly linked with Naismith today. That could well reduce Hoolahan’s playing time - though obviously he has limited appearances anyway.

Fuck sake :rollseyes:

1 Like

+1

:cry:

Was someone at the table wine?

Took me a long time to figure out the error. Apologies to all. Amended now.

3 Likes

Hendrick scored a beauty tonight. :clap::clap:

Is Rob Elliot now our most likely #1 for the tournament? He missed Monday’s game with illness but he’s the established first keeper at Newcastle since Krulthas been out long term and he seems to be playing really well.

Randolph was excellent in recent games but MON has shown little loyalty to in form keepers who aren’t playing regularly.

I’m not sure if Elliott is actually any good or if he’s just in form. When he played previously for Newcastle he was very slow and his reactions were poor but he’s played well the last few weeks, apart from making a mistake for the Everton goal on Stephens day. He’ll have the rest of the season anyway to show if he’s good because that Darlow fella is fucking useless

1 Like

I’m not sure either. But none of the alternatives are proven either. Someone getting experience and playing regularly is likely to jump to the top of the pecking order.

I watched the Bolton-Blackburn game on Monday.

Shane Duffy was very dominant for Blackburn, he wasn’t really up against much but his ability to win his battles in the air was very impressive - they went 1-0 down and ended up pegging him up front for the last few minutes where he caused carnage in the Bolton box and very nearly scored with his effort coming off the post. He’s a very imposing centre half and looks to be progressing nicely now, he didn’t seem to be troubled too much on the ground or with runs in behind but Bolton are a poor team.

2 Likes

Lennon is a useless manager.

Wasn’t given number one when he wasn’t playing?

Kyle Lafferty faces a big decision, as legendary Irish band That Petrol Emotion would say, as to where to play his club football ahead of next summer’s finals.

The list of clubs in for him reads like a who’s who of European football.
i) The famous Leeds United.
ii) Kings of Europe, Red Star Belgrade.
iii) St. Etienne, the club of the great Michel Platini.
iv) Crack Italian outfit Palermo, said by many to be Lafferty’s spiritual home following his previous, highly successful spell there.

A few very interesting weeks in store for Ireland’s top striker.

“Lafferty is sold as a result of a precise request from my Coach Beppe Iachini,” President Zamparini told Radio 24.

“He is an out-of-control womaniser, an Irishman without rules. He is someone who disappears for a week and goes on the hunt for women in Milan.

“He has two families with six children, he never trains, he’s completely off the rails. On the field he’s a great player, because he gave us everything he had and more.

“In terms of his behaviour, however, he is uncontrollable. My Coach told me he cannot sort this player out, so he has to go.”

4 Likes

Randolph was really good and I’d retain him.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That’s exactly how footballers should behave. That’s living the dream, right there.

1 Like

Watching Elliot play every week might encourage Randolph to try to leave to be a starter which would be a good thing

Absolute legend. Following in the footsteps of Ireland’s greatest footballer.

[quote="Sidne
iii) St. Etienne, the club of the great Michel Cashini.

Fixed that there for you