Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

They’re a big team. It won’t be easy to score set pieces against them. There wasn’t much in Duffy’s flicked header though. A marginally different angle on the ball and that can drift in. But we do need to vary it a little more as Bandage pointed out.

2 Likes

Even lower and Schmichael was in trouble

1 Like

Indeed. Get enough decent balls into the box with Duffy in there and it doesn’t need a clear chance even to produce a goal.

Agreed. And the one where Duffy caused a bit of panic and it fell to Clark but he was slightly ahead of the ball and couldn’t get a proper connection on it.

MON usually finds a way in these must win matches.

From memory Denmark had three chances last night.

• getting in behind Christie, Randolph parries it back into the goal and Randolph saves the rebound.
  • poor clearance from Clark, Randolph parries it straight to Sisko who puts it wide.
  • the cross and header at the end that Randolph comfortably tipped over.

Two of those three chances came from self inflicted mistakes. For all their possession the Danes didn’t really carve us open or batter us. We offered little ourselves but I certainly wouldn’t fear them on Tuesday.

Beat them and we get to the World Cup. No greater incentive. Would gladly have taken this scenario at any time over the last couple of years.

MON usually finds a way. It’ll be torture and could go to penalties but we’re going to do it.

1 Like

In fairness I was well ahead of the curve on Duffy.

It’s great being vindicated.

2 Likes

We’ve got a problem up front. Murphy completely ineffective, Long was awful when he came on. I am not sure why Scott Hogan isn’t given a run out.

Murphy was excellent last night. What did you expect him to do with little support and poor service? 0-0 is a good result away to a good side who are superior to Ireland.

Murphy was ploughing a very lone furrow last night with poor service . How will his legs hold for Tuesday night ?

Job done last night, but fuck we are putrid to watch. Danes are very average we should be well able to take them Tuesday.

Ireland will get the chances to win it. Whichever side has the most luck will win this. I’d have said 50:50, but home crowd should push us on, and can sway the ref.
I’d only be wary of pushing on too much. Let’s face it, this mon organised team are more comfortable when they are all facing the ball.

As an aside, martin of neill is really starting to piss me off with his demeanour in press conferences. It costs nothing to be civil, and he knows the journalists are merely doing a job, and asking superficially inane questions is part of that, but he sneers his way through them, grimly determined to take umbrage at everything. He’s been acting the bollox like this for quite a while now.

8 Likes

Meyler for O’Dowda and Long for Murphy.
Wesley to come on after 60mins to set up the winner for McClean

It’s hard not to take umbrage at that cunt O’Donoghue.

4 Likes

Sigh.

He takes umbrage at everyone.

Fuck journalists, a grubby little profession.

Fair play to MON, showing them the contempt they deserve.

1 Like

I can see why you like him. He has a grand nordy bogball chip.

Martin O’Neill - a successful manager and two time European Cup winner as a player - is completely right to show the media utter disdain and contempt which they deserve.

A mouthy, know-it-all Cork cunt like Tony O’Donoghue telling him repeatedly where he is going wrong? And he’s meant to sit or stand there and be lectured?

His biting responses and general short shrift are two of his strongest managerial attributes.

5 Likes

I love when Martin shows his absolute hatred for Tony. It’s his best attribute.
As you say who is that fucking hack to question anything he does