Euro 2020 thread Italia Afterparty Function

Continuing the discussion from Euro 2020 thread (Part 1) - #10013 by farmerinthecity.

Previous discussions:

DAJE DAJE DAJE

My young lad said he didn’t like Pickford.
“Why not?” I asked.
“He just looks like someone who’s a bit of a prick**”

**Actual quote

9 Likes

A little peak of what I imagine Rome was like last night .I’d say you would have loved to be there …

1 Like

I really enjoyed Didi Hamanns punditry I must say he is a level above Sadlier, Doyle etc. He can kind of gauge the mood of the nation as well and know what he can and cant get away with saying. Was he in the country for the whole tournament or is he living here now full time or what.? Last I heard he was still living in Liverpool.

14 Likes

He was giving it the big I am after saving Jorginhos penalty. Which is fair enough I suppose but he annoyed me.

My mate met him on a flight back to Munich today stinking of gargle and with a copy of the Racing Post under his arm :raised_hands:
Confirmed that Sadlier is a woke, attention seeking, spoofer.

19 Likes

yep, and all of them probably stone cold sober.

1 Like

Roberto Mancini deserves great credit. Didn’t inherit a vintage Italian team. That side doesn’t compare favourably to Trap’s sides of the early 00’s or the 2006 World Cup winning side on paper but he created a very slick outfit. Won a semi-final and final with Emerson at left-back who would be 3rd choice LB at Chelsea. Immobile isn’t anywhere near the same quality of previous incumbents like Inzaghi or Toni. Insigne while incisive at times wouldn’t be in the league with a Totti or De Piero. All of this from the wreckage of the failure to qualify for the 2018 World Cup. Very impressive feat.

5 Likes

To be fair to Trap’s side in 2002 they were cheated out of it in the most shameless officiating display I’ve ever witnessed by a referee who went on to be imprisoned for drug smuggling.

8 Likes

Did David Gough officiate there as well… He gets around so he does…

2 Likes

The referee didn’t make Christian Veiri miss an open goal for 2-0. South Korea like Italy last night fully deserved the victory that night.

2 Likes

South Korea were the better team

Big time. Italy played like England last night, invited an equalizer and got what they deserved.

1 Like

He did disallow a perfectly valid Tomassi goal, send off Totti when he was felled in the penalty area, allow Korea immunity to kick Italian players about the pitch.

Italy were robbed in Korea, it’s something any Italian football fan will be forever enraged that a crooked official like Moreno could be allowed interfere in the highest level of international football.

1 Like

Never forget.

1 Like

Ye were the beneficiary in 2006 with one of the worst penalty decisions I’ve ever seen against Australia.

You’re a very bitter bloke

1 Like

It was a clear penalty in 2006 you flute.

This was after Matrix was given a straight red card for tackling his own man in the first half.

1 Like

Jack Charlton’s team didn’t get fair play v Italy in 1990

that was a clear penalty - and im australian and can admit that

5 Likes