Eurovision 2010

I heard a bit of that German song last night, it’s very Eurovision alright and the girl singing it is very cute. They are 3/1 2nd favs.

Azerbjan are 9/4 favourites alright, but that’s ridiculously short.

Now that the sport is out of the way the real action takes place.

Spain’s song earlier was disrupted by “an eejit” so they’ll be performing a second time after Denmark at the end.

Lovely understated performance from Tom Dice moments ago for Belgium. Serbia on at the moment, just one more and then it’s Ireland’s time.

We could win this fucking thing. G’WAN NIAMH TA FUCK

A great performance and a big reaction from the audience. There’s a fucking chance here!

Some joke that two of the biggest televisual events of the year have fallen on the same night with English Greyhound Derby night competing with the Eurovision…

I tuned over at exactly the right moment, John McIntyre was boring me to death. I would have been gutted to miss Niamh’s performance. And after witnessing what I just witnessed, I would have been doubly gutted. What a voice, she nailed it. We are contenders here in a big way.

Thank you John McIntyre.

How did Niamh get on? Have the Turks been on yet???

Steven Gerrard singing for the Brits.

In my unbiased view, Niamh’s song is by far the best in the competition. Any other result than an Ireland win would be a travesty.

My first time hearing the song there and for what it is she delivered it well… Crowd gave her a standing ovation.

We can only wait now !

Well done Niamh, you have done the nation proud… Opa !

A championship hurling match, the english derby final and the Eurovision all in the one evening.
Sensational.

The lyrics that will conquer Europe:

Look into these eyes, hold onto these hands, believe in this heartbeat
Though you’re afraid that I might break just hold on
Shadows only haunt you when darkness crowds your heart
So let the light of my love shine bright

When I cry it’s for the lonely
When I pray it’s for the lost and stray
When I love like there’s no tomorrow
No more words to say, it’s for you

Look straight ahead, hold onto you dreams, believe in this magic
Open your eyes, open your mind and it’s there
Shadows only haunt you when darkness crowds your heart
So let the light of my love shine bright

When I pray it’s for the lost and stray
When I love like there’s no tomorrow
No more words to say…

When shadows haunt you and darkness crowds your heart
Let the light of my love shine bright

When I pray it’s for the lost and strayed
When I love like this there’s no tomorrow
No more words to say, it’s for you (it’s for you)
It’s for you

Dunph’s tip Turkey are playing a blinder here,
well done again Dunph, you must have heard the Turks were well up for this,

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00165/JohnnyLogan_165972t.jpg

It’s ours to loose…

Rocko, are you optimistic after that Turkish performance?

How did they go, mickee?

the crowd in oslo clearly loved it dunph and i just got a text from the sister in law who is a seasoned Eurovision watcher and completed a thesis recently on European music preferences saying “ turkey are a major player after that” so id say the EW value in your tip could certainly be important here

I see they are into 11/1 now on Betfair so the option is there to lay off some of your stake if you backed them at 18/1 like i suggested…

I haven’t been as proud to be Irish since that fateful night in Paris last November. The next an hour and a bit will be incredibly tense.

This Armenian tart is fookin stunning. :wub: