Eurovision 2022 - Torino - Quattordici Maggio

Season 2 Reaction GIF by The Lonely Island

1 Like

50 mins :smiley:

Can you bullet point it for us mate

They had no chance based on the late late show but they’ve actually made the best use of the song with a decent stage show and she’s been touring all around Europe the last few weeks. Ireland are drawn in the much harder second semi final but are drawn between two car crash entries in Cyprus and North Macedonia. Ireland are currently 4.2 to qualify and if it drifts out to 5/1 I’ll definitely be a backer. She is not universally expected to qualify as the odds suggest.

1 Like

Have you heard the song? Its a mixture of Dustin the turkeys effort a few years ago and something Richie Kavanagh would throw together after a tractor festival

1 Like

I listened to it there. Stephen Cass from Waterford was on it he’s a very good judge. His biggest fancy is Sweden, he said he’d rather back them though after the semi final to see how they go and after their running order is revealed. I’d agree with him on all that, they’re dead in the water or as good as if they draw first half I think. But the caveat with that is they could be 4/1 or 5/1 if things fall right, or you can take about 13.0 now on Betfair but are keeping your fingers crossed on a few things. He is wary of them drifting as said he liked Malta last year who were favs but then drifted and drifted but he stayed with them and they finished 5th or 6th.

He likes a saver on Italy at around 10.0 he’s not worried about their poor rehearsal as like I wrote this morning he agreed they are professionals and will be alright on the night. He said he would not back them much below around 9.0 or 10.0.

He mentioned two outsiders that he likes as Netherlands 80/1 and Serbia 80/1. Personally I don’t like the latter, they are too avant garde and polarising I think. On the Netherlands I did mention them in my post this morning as well as a strong enough fancy of mine and he said they look a likely sort to collapse between here and the final, as every year there would be one or two who come from back in the pack to be single odds. I’m really sweet on Netherlands now that Cass has also gave them a shout out but it’s utterly crucial they get a second half draw. As I mentioned earlier if they draw second half I feel it in my bones they’ll be one of the last few acts on. Their price will quarter if that comes to pass.

His best bet was given as Latvia at 9/4 to be best of the Baltics. Estonia are about 1/2 in that market with a song that could go nowhere so I think it’s an ok shout and certainly would respect anything he says. Last year he tipped Ukraine at 100/1 odd and they came with a fair rattle and finished high and their price ended up about 8/1.

How the fuck would you drag 50 minutes out of that :joy:

I’d say “The football match row” by Richie Kavanagh would poll well on the continent. Back in 2028 with Fagans Chipper Van akin to Johnny Logan in the 80’s.

2 Likes

This is a snippet of Ukraine performing tonight in the dress rehearsal for their semi final. Hard to believe this is the guts of 1/2 to win it out.

cc @Mac @gilgamboa @Spidey

2 Likes

Getttt oooooonnnnnnn

I don’t think it’s the song that has Ukraine 1/2 mate

Couldn’t disagree with either of those tips in fairness he knows something.

I know that mate but thanks anyway.

‘Italy, the city of culture’

Would love to see his last 10 years Eurovision slips.

Really?

There’s a fierce bit of want in him God bless.

He’s making savage money from his subscribers.

Why would you bother backing Italy at 6/1 ew at 1/5 of the odds for a place seeing as he’s saying Ukraine is a shoe-in

Subscribers to what, a tipping service? Jesus wept