Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Nobody ever went to Costelloes for the drink.

I know Bavaria can be hit and miss at the best times but I had some seriously rank jars of it in there.

Cans and shots only in there kid.

1 Like

And boxes and boxes of shmokes in the cage.

1 Like

A jug of it for a tenner. Supposed to be for beer pong but I tend to drink straight from the jug and soak myself

2 Likes

A chipper was there for a short period of time a decade or so ago but the building is in rack and ruin these days. There were 5 pubs in “the bridge” in the late 90s. Only one left now.

John Joe is a colourful business man to say the least.

1 Like

There was a lad shot outside the pub next to the train station, Murphy’s? I saw the victim stumble down the street in the aftermath before collapsing on the road on Wickham Street

I was in college during the height of it and it never even entered my head. NCW was far far far worse

1 Like

I would say more 1980s?

Baker’s Place was a top spot in my day.

2 Likes

I use sometimes go in there after work on a Friday for one pint, have the car parked in train station.

Yer man is sound, from Wexford. Few Wexford hurlin pictures up on the wall, I’ve seen a fair few of day drinkers in there.

Came from a foreign lad, Egyptian I believe, being stabbed in the eye with a screwdriver years ago. The place was no worse than many other places over the years. The feud was different altogether.

I miss Bakers. What was the place joined onto it called, the Wicked Chicken I think? There were some weeks in college my entire life would revolve around Bakers, the Wicked Chicken, Costelloes and a kebab from Kashmir before heading home. 100 metres of gold.

2 Likes

The Kashmir half-pounder was a game-changer

1 Like

The sauce, oh lawd the sauce. Unraleable.

I was an ‘honorary’ member of the UL Kayak Club, who’d hold their events there.

Supposed to turn into a bible school, which is quite the departure

I was part involved in the Music Soc in UL for a while so ended up practically living there. Did anything ever actually go into the building for a finish? It must be closed for the bones of a decade at this stage.

The Dromkeen-based Shiloh Trust

:thinking: By God.

1 Like

Wasn’t PJs changed into some religious sort of place as well?

:clap::clap::clap: