Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Drumcollogher ? Thought twas in co Cork

PJ’s became the Knock Shrine Bureau or something like that.

Half in half?

I didn’t ever think so to be honest, Drom is in Limerick, once you cross the border into Cork you’d be in Milford

1 Like

Not even near.

1 Like

There is only one street in Dromcollogher

But what a street. I’ll be singing that for the night now

I think he was a student from Libya .
Stabbed outside Jack Bourkes in Thomas street ,your man that stabbed him died about 2 years ago . The ladies of Limerick at the time fancied the foreign lads and the local boys didn’t like it .
There used to be fights in the courtyard bar most nights

1 Like

That tallies with my knowledge of it, it was the courtyard no?

I remember that well my granny was very ill in Barringtons at that time just before Christmas in 1982 the Libyan chap was down the corridor and when he was confirmed dead the family went apeshit they fired chairs up and down the corridors something I’ll never forget as an 8 year old at the time.

I never felt a sense of menace or danger in Limerick as long as I was there. Even during the feud and I’d have been knocking around some rough bars.

O’Connell Street in Dublin is the only place in Ireland I’ve ever felt unsafe at night, it was fucking lethal. The spidey sense was tingling mad

3 Likes

As far as I remember it was outside Jack Bourkes . There was a taxi rank there , it could be fairly wild at times.

I’m only going by second hand accounts. Apparently the chap was double dating with his buddy and two limerick beures. The fella that done him was Duffy no? Called him the n word and stabbed him in the head

Thats it. All coming back to me now, thank you. I knew he was of North African extraction.

Yep , Duffy from Killeely . Could be right about the n word alright

Percy French doesn’t lie

1 Like

??? Cork border

Veritas shop I think ,

My grandmother was a proud Drom woman.

End.

1 Like