Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Is there an Icon in Sandy Lane?

1 Like

Let’s just say you can take the Limerick man out of Limerick but …

There will be 15 there soon enough

The comments.

Get off Twitter ffs, pal

Had a few nice pints in here last time I was in Limerick. Will make sure I have more the next time I’m there.

2 Likes

1 Like

I assume the Mungret/Dooradoyle will utilise the existing track. Would they be like the existing train carriages or smaller? There could be some potential for park and ride but Limerick traffic generally isn’t bad.

The Shannon one would require the laying of a lot of new line, but would be great for the airport.

And great for the region overall

Has the the proposed routing been published? I’m struggling to work out the Limerick to Shannon route, it will have to go through extremely difficult terrain or through a load of houses.

It is badly wanted however

Cratloe and sixmilebridge already have the rail line so wonder could they connect out back of bunratty for sake of tourism and then run it along the dual carriageway?

Unreal. Time now to re-open all the stations along the Limerick - LK Junction line so I can get the train into town for pints when I’m home.

3 Likes

Yeah, it will probably have to spur off before the turn off for Cratloe and nearly hug the river all the way to Shannon. The issue with that route is a graveyard in the way. They would have to build on the estuary a bit but it could be done. They could build a station in bunratty easily enough on that route.

That is unless the do a spur line from the station in sixmilebridge but that would have to go through a good share of houses, I doubt it would be a runner.

Is there not a load.of fields between sixmilebridge and hurlers cross? Don’t know area well but given train runs on from.sixmilebridge to Galway, surely there’s somewhere easier to spike off?

There are but a lot of them have sites sold off them, there are houses dotted everywhere along the small roads. You would end up taking out a lot more than you might think I’d say

This is supposed to go from the Bridge to Shannon via Bunratty, follow the estuary then to the airport

Should be no hassle to level a few mud huts.

1 Like

3 Likes

Can’t see any issue with bringing a train full of tourists from Shannon Airport through Moyross.

2 Likes