Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Moyross.

2 Likes

It’s more incisive than the “here’s a train track, lets put a train on it” plan.

1 Like

You alight where the neighborhood is alight.

Be a fair owl walk? Half an hour? Nuts not having a station serving this amenity.

you’ll walk fast through moyross and ballynanty so about 20 minutes

5 Likes

There will be a sulky shuttle service.

5 Likes

It’s the same as the other side of the city, the train line runs behind the city not through it. Which is the whole problem with using these train lines to service the city.
The natural line would be down the Ennis road passing the Jetland, Gaelic Grounds and the maternity hosptial, or past the Limerick Institute of Athlone University Technology Thurles and Thomond or some combination of the two

Limerick should be well suited to install light rail given it’s grid layout (which New York was modeled on).

10 Likes

A trolley bus down the Ennis Road and past the Jetland would be a right yoke altogether.

I’m trying to think where’d they’d put the ballysimon stop? As it is, the line just runs through fields out in the middle of nowhere

Its not exactly the middle of nowhere. It backs onto housing estates and industrial parks. I’m sure they could come up with something.
The area might not be exactly Ballysimon.

I’d say the Ballysimon stop would actually be the old Cork Road. It runs at the back of those housing estates there. It’s not far from there down to the back of the industrial estate as the crow flies.

Could they not put a toll on the road to make people take it up?

On what road?

The main road.

The Limerick Luas is badly needed, next stop rugby museum. An chéad stad eile músaem rugbaí.

3 Likes

An ever increasing cost of petrol & diesel will make plenty of people reassess their current “ driving to work “ fascination.

1 Like

Electric cars :thinking::thinking:

Yeah the back of Delta would back onto those estates (not sure what they are actually called) and Ros Mór a bit further out as well.

Between all the industrial estates, Northern Trust and all the other development going on there it is a stop that would get used.

Yes , less ice cars on the road for you