Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Again, it wasn’t my comparison. I’m unsure of population etc.
Kilmallock looks really bad at the moment, I don’t think it’s controversial to say that, but it’s being allowed to happen, I wonder is there anything could be done, is there an appetite to do anything?

Very few vibrant towns in limerick these days. Kilmallock, NCW, Abbeyfeale all fairly grim.

I think it’s a fairly widespread problem for towns that never quite made it once transport became easy. A lot of the “towns” in Limerick for example are pretty small tbh, under 2k population, really just big villages. The population migrates to, or at least spends in, the actual towns and even bigger cities. You end up with these urban-like centres that the population can’t really sustain anymore.

It’s worse than athy

It’s urbanisation. It’s happening all over the world. People are leaving the small towns and moving to the cities. Look at towns like Roscrea, absolutely nothing in them for young people except pubs.

I wouldn’t agree with that at all. Newcastlewest for example is a well maintained town with a load of good businesses in the town. Adare similar. I couldnt think of a similar size town in cork that is massively run down

The cheek of him having a go at my sign. I took my ego out of it saying I will rule the world, with an iron fist at top King John Castle with a hurley broken by Mul. The council said it might undermine me as the strong man isn’t working well with putins image outside of Russia

Sums up some of the crowd in Limerick .

“Lead the World” what is it 15 years now that whole block in the city centre has been vacant?

I’d say one of the rats that live inside there wrote it.

1 Like

Would agree with that I passed through there last week and parked in the square and walked around for a while. Loads of businesses open and a fair bit of foot traffic about. No scobes. For a town with a bit of a bad reputation back in West Limerick it seems to me a bit undeserved? Or maybe the bad reputation extends to the night life there?

1 Like

In fairness around the square there does be buzzing of a Saturday morning. Lot of footfall.

Great supervalue back there and good coffee and hot food in this place in the square sort of on the bend of the road if you’re going up to supervalue and I also saw a fishmongers there but didn’t go in. Not many rural towns with a fishmongers I’d say.

Fishmongers wasn’t too hectic any time I went in there. Wouldn’t be a patch on the likes of cusacks.

Supervalu is grand, a bit higgildy piggildy inside. A lidl and Tesco as well in the town, so it must be doing alright as rural Irish towns go. Good location perhaps in that it’s just that bit too far to be going into Limk city? Noels clothes shop is gone from there a while though?

Seabreeze is the best for fish in Limerick

That saves it I think. Too far from Limerick or Tralee the other side so it’s the natural place to shop for a fair amount of people in the area. It’s also a very fast growing town itself.

The biggest problem with it, is its full of Newcastle West people. Other than that I suppose its not too bad