Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Sounds like Marguerite’s. Famous for carrot cake. That sums up ncw

1 Like

Where are they based? Rene Cusack’s has the big reputation but I was in Sadliers last week and found their fish to be unreal.

1 Like

It wasn’t marguerittes, think it was Solas or something like that. They’d a sort of health shop at the back and coffee near the door.

At the top of Willem street

1 Like

The Marguerite’s Swiss Rolls were something else. About half a kilo of sugar but delicious.

Serious club sandwich in there back in the day. Like any Irish restaurant/deli, they stuck half a tub of coleslaw into it IIRC

Sonas. Serious coffee there, of a Saturday morning you’d have huge queues outside the place

Willum

Looks like 6 toes will be the norm around Askeaton for a while yet cc @TreatyStones

My brother has worked there since it opened in 1981. He must be in a nawful state.

Funny how they mention Askeaton when in fact it’s Foynes village that the red mud is nearly touching at this stage

deliverance GIF

Ya but it gives lads the strength to wrestle deers as well so swings and roundabouts

2 Likes

Your periodic denouncing of west limerick must be viewed in a new light :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

The world U-20 lacrosse championship is coming to Limerick this summer

Could be. A good pub debate is where does it change from William to Willem/William at?

1 Like

He was rumoured to be washing money via a bar in NCW I think.

What bar was in stuck in?

Mags