Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Whelan’s?

Some amount of coffee entrepreneurs in the city these days.

Is the sports/arcade/cocktail bar off the Dock Road still a thing @Julio_Geordio ?

Still going yeah.

1 Like

I have it on good authority @Copper_pipe is in there currently fighting Vega with Edmond Honda which is some feat while sipping a fair trade mocha.

1 Like

I believe there is a market for coffee to be sold by non sporting people. One for the business thread

1 Like

Ya seems to be going okay for him. They do okay food as well. Seems to be birthdays and work parties and that kind of thing mainly

1 Like

Willie won round one but Sleepy Eamon bounces back

UHL strikes again

1 Like

Ye should be ashamed of yerselves.

Our shame is on a trolley in the hall awaiting examination

And no idea where to go if they dont speak english.

It’s not even that difficult. A few fadas, a few random extra vowels thrun in agus tá an jab Oxeó.

2 Likes

Ryan is a f*****t par excellence

I listened to Ryan on Morning Ireland this morning. He said he wants to develop a few train lines and other public transport options that will help Limerick grow instead of a road that will be end up allowing more people to live in Clare and drive to Limerick daily. It seemed fairly convincing reasoning to me.

Ideally sounds great and personally am all for it but with the expense of current rail transport, really think it a viable option?

There are four lines already there, apparently.

Do we really want to make it easier for Clare people to get into Limerick.

1 Like

Yeah, have gotten the train from town to sixmilebridge before. And gotten out there from after Galway.

But it was a novelty more than something I think used by masses regularly

It surely wouldn’t take much to connect Ennis- Sixmilebridge- Limerick City- Castleconnel- Nenagh with a regular to and fro. That’s the north of the Limerick metropolitan area covered. Obviously, you’d like Shannon put in there instead of Sixmilebridge but can’t see it happening. Connect charleville to Killmallock and back onto the established Limerick line instead of that shit hole Limerick junction and we’d have a decent north south connection that would be the envy of the whole world. West Limerick can fuck off to Kerry.

1 Like

A what?