Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

I donā€™t know anything about it, is it just one building or a number of buildings? If itā€™s the one building and thereā€™s a theatre or something in it it makes sense not to have housing in the same building, possibly?

I donā€™t think thereā€™s anything to do with the performing arts whatsoever planned for the development. Theyā€™ll have to put a disclaimer in Lonely Planet.

If you donā€™t know what the Opera Centre is then you are not entitled to an opinion on the development of Limerick City.

7 Likes

Is there a rugby museum planned for the Opera Quarter?

No thatā€™s in the Fashion Quarter.

Wasnā€™t there a load of student accommodation and social housing to go Ito the Opera Centre?

The original talk was yes and that UL would be heavily invested in the project. That of course was before they discussed with UL.
Then plans were presented to concillors (planning requirement) with no housing. They kicked up and a few appartmejts were thrown in.

1 Like

The management of Limerick city continues to be a absolute joke. Wankers who have carved out cushy high paying jobs with little accountability. Of course, youā€™re usually on here defending these cunts so you are part of the problem.

1 Like

You mistake me for someone entirely different kid. I never defended the council. They are a PR production machine that have fucked the city up

Sorry mate, I was just looking to lash out there and you were an easy target.

1 Like

Greedy bastards

FFS! If they get it, good luck to them I say

Why?

1 Like

Thats the kids college fund you are talking about

Removing yourself from the bandage mortgage thread more like it. I see theres a house on there on the SCR

More power to them I say.

Iā€™ll be bringing the folks up here for a week around then :thinking:

Silver Room in NCW. Onrail.

I ate in the Brown Morel in the town a few months ago and thought it was lovely.

3 Likes