Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

I love the French table, nothing too fancy but expertly prepared, expensive enough but not crazy.
The French onion soup is :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I read it wrong initiallyā€¦ I thought you meant Girlfriend . @Your_Mums_Athletic knows Glen well also.

I do indeed, one of the good ones, a real nice bloke in fairness to him.

1 Like

He had trials in England if Iā€™m not mistaken? Same guy was a dark haired guy, sallow skin.

Way overrated and overpriced.

1 Like

He never had trials. Alan had trials with Southampton. He was the only one who had the ability to make it over. The step up is ridiculous, between work rate and physicality.

Thought the food was very good. I thought the prices were not bad for what it was. A three course meal would cost as much in the Texas Steakout. But each to their own.

Nevilleā€™s the best value for me! Roaster fare.

Iā€™m meeting the auld lad for lunch. He said we can go to Locke burger or ā€˜Cock and Bullā€™ in Castletroy

You wonā€™t go wrong with either. Coq Bull would be my preference.

I ate in Coqbull in town a number of times years ago. Twas grand

If you want a burger go for Locke burger, good chips too
If you want a bit more choice Coqbull it is

Copied this from Twitterā€¦ā€¦

Yesterday Sunday July 31st via E-tenders @IrishRail has called for an expression of interest to rebuild 42km Limerick to Foynes rail line which has been mothballed since 2001. The tender closes on 2 Sept.

The tender is for Track & Civils construction to renew & /or rehabilitate existing track & civil engineering infrastructure. The contract will include the installation of sleepers & rail, & also maintenance of bridges, culverts & road infrastructure at public level crossings.

The renewal includes the rebuilding of Robertsown Viaduct outside Foynes which @LimerickCouncil granted planning permission a few years ago. This is a significant step to reopen the line by 2027 which is @IrishRail strategic objective to reconnect @ShannonFoynesPort to the network.

The rebuilding the line does not require a railway order, as its a mothballed & is still considered part of the network. @IrishRail has indicated they would seek a railway order to allow the restoration of passenger services as it gives the necessary powers to build new stations.

No final costing has been given yet to restore it for rail freight but its estimated about ā‚¬35-50 million. @EamonRyan has consistently said he would like it open in time for the 2027 @rydercup at @TheAdareManor which would be possible.

So presuming @TFIupdates final Limerick Shannon Metropolitan Transport Strategy endorses commuter rail to Adare, it will be funded by the Government for a 2027 delivery. This is good news not only for the Port of Foynes, but for the region @AdareVillage.

Its a vindication by a number of local politicians over the last 20 years who agreed with my view it should never have fallen into disuse & support its reopening like @EmmettOBrienIND @kodonnellLK @BrianLeddin @TweetNeville ,Dan Neville & Micheal Finucane.

1 Like

Theyā€™ve been talking about reopening it since they closed it. Would seem an absolute no brainer really. But Iā€™ll believe it when I see it.

Is there a map of the lines closed in Limerick?

Donā€™t think there is anymore than that.

The Limerick to Tralee line is a greenway now from Rathkeale to Abbeyfeale. The Foynes line joins in Rathkeale and onto Adare then.

They sprayed it for the first couple of years and it looked ok. But itā€™s completely gone wild now. A stitch in time and all that.

Thereā€™s a few bridges on it in shit, thatā€™ll be the expense

And the stations have been all sold or knocked.

If itā€™s for freight they wonā€™t need stations really. The thing about it being a passenger line is not covered and is only fantasy, it would be another ā‚¬100m plus easily. Itā€™s only one line and all the road bridges etc would have to be widened as well as extra land along the route.
The passenger reference for the Ryder cup, would be it running one way into the tournament, and one way out of it at a snails pace Iā€™d imagine. But would obviously be helpful for congestion, but as you say the Adare station is sold and is a house now, so not sure what theyā€™d do.

1 Like