Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

It’s all just cheap talk. Until I see a rail station opening in Moyross all this talk of a rail network in Limerick is pure poppycock.

The line is passing by the door and they won’t do it for obvious reasons.

@Ambrose_McNulty is it true they ran you out of the place?

They’d be far better served fixing the Limerick to Galway lines and Limerick to roscrea lines. They already run so shouldn’t be as expensive
Limerick to shannon to ennis to galway. Should be around an hour and would hit 4 decent population and area of work points.
Adare would obviously have tourist traffic but its population is tiny to be spending big money connecting them to a rail line that would only pass the outskirts of the city and not really pick up any traffic. Might be a case for a park and ride maybe.

1 Like

Thought they were talking about extending the greenway from Rathkeale through Adare on to Limerick .

If JP wants it for patrons to his golf tournament then it’s a done deal and will mostly come out of his arse pocket.

Its an either or. Not that they couldn’t extend the greenway without using the rail line at all. They could of course and would you’d imagine increase traffic on it substantially connecting it to the tourists. They should run it all the way to the city. It’ll eventually be rathkeale to Dingle. Limerick to Dingle would be class

2 Likes

Be great to see that if it happened. Very big tourist attraction then .

I’d imagine all the sleepers will need to be replaced etc? The ones on the stretch I walk the dog are completely rotted.

Has to be a good chance the Ryder cup might not go ahead or be a much smaller event than many expect.

What sort of crowd will be in attendance for the
Ryder cup compared to the pro am ?

Was there a lot of hassle in askeaton over the weekend ?

The usual suspects went at it. Twas amongst themselves at least

Gone a while now, pal.

Was it very bad ?

Dont think so. Was over quickly.

1 Like

Over the LIV craic?

1 Like

Yep

There usec to be a direct Limerick to Cork line into Charleville. Gone for years. There’s an old station house in Bruree.

1 Like

1 Like

congrats guys, great to see the Greens improving your daily life

1 Like

The proof will be in the pudding. What sort of turnaround times are being mooted for these projects? 15 to 20 years I suppose