Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

I always liked Rioā€™s in Castletroy

3 Likes

Iā€™m always stunned by these takes. Itā€™s a fast food chain. It does somewhat better food than MaccyDs, in Ireland at least. Iā€™m not sure what else is expected.

If Lyons is doing so well you think he would be able to pay the rent for the premises.
McDonagh is his landlord.

I much prefer McDonalds,
McDonalds chips are lovely if you get them straight out of the fryer, dipped in that sweet curry sauce :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Lyons began his career with Sā€™macs part time in Ballinasloe while attending Garbally. He was a star in the Sā€™macs expansion plan.
Youā€™re only best buddies with Pat while youā€™re toeing the Mc line.

Fucking hellā€¦ The life and times of John Lyons

2 Likes

Its nothing to do with money, the two of them are desperately trying to fuck each other over in anyway they can. That Ennis Road site is a goldmine Iā€™d say

Each to there own i suppose. Its very popular and flan runs a great business in fairness
The fiver is iconic. But personally i hate the place.

John is dead sound. Fuck pat

1 Like

One of my best mates was stabbed outside Costellos. In the queue in fact. Iā€™d go as far as to say it ruined the whole night

10 Likes

I didnā€™t realise it hadnā€™t reopened upstairs post pandemic. I havenā€™t been in there in about 8 or 9 years I reckon. Used to end up there every Saturday night for three or four years in early 2000s. Sure I even met my lovely wife at a house party after a night there.

When did Bakerā€™s Place cease to exist?

Iā€™m not sure. Gonna hazard a guess around 2011/12. It had reopened in 2006 (although I think the main bar had remained open prior to that under a name like ā€˜The Precinctā€™?).

Earliest gigs in there in late 06 (same lads who had been involved in the Boatclub which had just closed) had bands playing on the dancefloor downstairs

1 Like

I think thats what the licence application is to open upstairs. Without going upstairs theres it wouldnt be half as good.

Yes, thatā€™s what itā€™s for. Just hadnā€™t realised (a by-product perhaps of not living in Limerick for the last 4.5 years!)

Limerick lads atinā€™ each other here now on the Doc on One.
The adventure of a lifetime took a scary and fatal twist. This doc has got the lotā€¦ā€¦

Break Your Face

The Francis Speight. Speights had a shop on Henry Street up to the 80ā€™s

3 Likes

It was all above board

All the Klare lads survived, cute fuckers. They were used to aytin their own.

3 Likes