Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

If you look up thereā€™s actually still some brilliant buildings around Limerick, but as @Julio_Geordio said they are ruined by the cheap shop fronts at street level. SuperDrug on Willum St a prime example.

2 Likes

Im after saying that all night you culchie

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

1 Like

The potential for active travel is unreal you pig

3 Likes

Lousy bastards

Ye can have our useless cunts at the top table

1 Like

https://mobile.twitter.com/BigDirtyFry/status/1614618935412002816/mediaViewer?currentTweet=1614618935412002816&currentTweetUser=BigDirtyFry

Theresa Carmody (in the movie) was the sister in Banshees

A directly elected mayor will just be another gravy train for a party hack.

1 Like

It wasnā€™t ā€œTisntā€. It was ā€œTis my assā€

3 Likes

It wasnā€™t ā€œTis my assā€. It was ā€œTis in my assā€.

1 Like

Irrelevant

It wasnā€™t ā€˜Tis in my assā€™ it was 'ā€˜Tis in me assā€™.

Up Willum St yesterday. What a disaster of a place. If itā€™s not mobile shops, ice cream or junk food joints, all the apats overhead are just left to rotā€¦

There some crazy stat a couple of years ago about much vacant space there was overhead retail units in Limerick city. It was up around the 70 or 80%.

Its entirely possible if you think aboit it they are 3/4 story buildings with only the ground floor used.

You could have a raft of 1 or 2 bedroom apartments in there with a couple thousand people living in them. I imagine that it could cost a fair chunk to make them livable and upto a sldecent energy standard but its not impossible. Would be perfect for young professionals or students to rent. Its retrofitting them and having affordable rent to cover the investment cost would be the killer

1 Like

Problem is that to make them fire safety compliant youd need two staircases fully enclosed which practically means you have no area for a living space

The only way to make them work is to take a block of the buildings together and knock them into one, the council would have to do that really, be nearly impossible for someone private to pull it together or make it worthwhile

1 Like

Your right and with the council killing off private investment in commercial with the Opera Centre they may as well take over the domestic market. In reality its happening already through the housing associations. The majority of developmemts currently being advanced are all pre sold to the housing associations.

1 Like

The derelict buildings quarter

8 Likes

:rofl::fire: