Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

What factories and warehouses are these imaginary people whoā€™ll buy these houses in private estates in towns and villages in the middle of nowhere going to work in?

Imagine being able to walk home from the local pub after a night out rather than relying on ringing someone who is already in bed asleep to come and collect you.

Its sad that its logistically easier to go to Cork/Dublin/Galway for a night out and book somewhere to stay than it is to go to the local put 4 miles down the road.

2 Likes

Village residents always oppose to these schemes as they want to keep the status quo, artifcially inflate their property value and the fear of some of the units being earmarked for social housing.

You jump in. You try and insult a poster. Throw a few curses around and then expect somebody to debate with you.

Jog on lad.

The end.

Youā€™d also be able to develop a proper public transport system for people to commute on. Lessening the
Dependence on cars again.

Iā€™d agree with this to a certain extent.
The quality of housing developments is the reason a lot of people donā€™t want to live in towns.

2 Likes

This is why we should have kept the vaccine certificates in place.

Riddle me this, thereā€™s been 4 housing estates built in Borrisoleigh since the millenium and in the same timeframe 6 pubs have closed?

1 Like

Theyā€™d work in the same jobs they already have but without the 5 bed detached house 3 miles outside the village.

Iā€™d imagine most people agree with me and Iā€™d also fully agree the quality of housing is a massive issue but that will change. In 50 years time Iā€™m fairly sure people will look back at the linear housing development as totally bananas.

And the two cars.

I went to Coffeys once and was asked for ID. I was 32.

That place at the corner on the templemore road was a bit of a kip?

What are the other four which closed?

There were 2 on the corner; Phil the Fluthers and Derry Bourkes. The Clodagh is gone, as is Coffeys and Paddy Mahers at the top of the town and apparently Stapletons is going to close soon or only open at weekends.

I didnā€™t know that was gone. That must be recent enough?

Dan McCormacks coffee shop didnt last either.

Thereā€™s truth to that. I was driving to training tonight around half 7 when I was presented with a couple walking in the dark with nothing only a flashlight to alert motorists. Very risky business.

Youā€™d wonder what will happen in old age. Will they return to the towns and cities in their elder years when mobility becomes an issue?

Thereā€™s been massive development where i am and two pubs and one restaurant are gone. The population has nearly doubled in 20 years.

people donā€™t go out anymore. they entertain themselves at home.

1 Like

That Coffee Shop was a bit of a joke and doomed from the start.

Theres still 3 or 4 pubs open and 3 shops i think which is decent.

Theres a lot of places with no pub or shop now but a load of houses randomly dotted a few miles outside. One or two decent estates would be the difference in keeping the one shop and pub open.

Twas more of a Borrisoleigh GAA player social lounge than a coffee shop. Lads sprawled everwhere in skinny O Neillā€™s tracksuits

7 Likes