Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

I live in RoCo

MoO to be precise.

3 Likes

And in the heads of a few lads on here

The Dutch influence on d’Island is another one I’ve read about but precious little seems to remain. There’s tokens strewn about the place, reminders of more heady days. The Exchange, a row of bricked up arches you’d walk past without noticing. The storied old city walls, loitering around the back of car-parks and flats, a grand spot for cans, but ugly Limerick cans, not pretty cans like Galway’s arch. Sure the corporation built a housing estate inside our castle for the best part of a century. Limerick, it’s not a bad auld city.

4 Likes

Dutch Billys

2 Likes

Why did the lobster pot close? I was baffled at the time as was also my go to place for chips one time after a night boozing in the city. It only seemed to do a trade after about 11pm and not much during the day, so maybe that was the main issue.

1 Like

Small supreme in Kranks. After spending £20 on cheap booze in Feathery Bourkes. Remember Conways had a pub on little Catherine st. There’s a cafe there now under the Christian bookshop. Played ball with the son Barry. A fine soccer player and stalwart of Mungret GAA football.

Running Myles Breen now, nice fella, daycent soccer player

Didn’t know he was running that pub now. Fine soccer player.

Kranks was shite but had decent ice cream cones. A bit like Supermacs is now.

The Lobster Pot was great. Summer nights sitting with your chips on the franciscans steps watching for something to kick off. At different stages I lived in a few houses just over the bridge so it was a great point for food and meeting people on the way home.

What was the name of it before it was extended into the lobster pot? It had this poster on the wall and the first decent kebabs in Limerick

1 Like

Think it might have been Friar Tucks before it was Lobster Pot?

2 Likes

No, that was next door.

WTF is that about?

Nicky Woulfe talking about rap :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

The bredas and Mary’s are giving Emmett and awful doing for calling OIUTF

The Leader have a story today about how a concerned reader contacted them and reported how a local hairdresser was apparently open and taking customers.

The Leader in turn “contacted the Garda Press Office with details of the exact location in County Limerick.”

Ratting local businesses out who are presumably close to going to the wall and doing everything to keep their head above water.

2 Likes

We are turning into the carkies with that level of pettiness

3 Likes

Fucking rats

1 Like

Nicky grew up on the projects

And they’ll be the very ones bemoaning small businesses not reopening after the lockdown.

Also interesting how they chickened out of mentioning the ethnic minority grouping involved in ignoring the national guidelines at the funeral in Charleville the other week, when hundreds gathered in the graveyard…

5 Likes