Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Ya. Good idea to be fair. They’ve blocked the lane beside it as well for reasons known only to themselves. Went through the city today and it was an absolute nightmare All of O’Connell street down to one lane at that section.
City was packed for a Sunday. Any restaurant places open seemed to be flying.

They must be there 30 years and still going strong. That’s some going. Have you ever been in there?

I must say it’s some place to survive and adapt. Thirty years ago it was the place to eat in the city and to this day it’s still a great auld spot, if not as popular as it was due to the variety of options now that weren’t there in the 90’s. But many places have come and gone in the city centre and the Texas Steak Out is still there. And it holds celebrity clients as regulars like Davy Fitzgerald coming in from Clare once a week for his chicken dish.

6 Likes

Steak house? Loads of times. It’s grand grub and big portions. Recipe for success in limerick. The Mexican food is absolute gash.

It’s a sign of real quality that. Loads of fancy spots have come and gone

1 Like

It’s Texas Steakout.

4 Likes

Where’s the Mexican food you speak of? Boojum? That’s more takeaway fare. I wouldn’t be much of a fan of that type of fare unless i was scuttered.

1 Like

That is the name on the door but everyone calls it steakhouse

Youd want your head examined ordering anything but a steak in there

2 Likes

How’s the food in the Curragower these days?

Ah ya fair play to them. Nothing wrong with it but Findlaters just up the road is a way nicer. I’d say it would barely be in the top 5 restaurants on O’Connell street.

I always called it Texas Steakout but had to do a quick google there to confirm its veracity.

Top notch for what it is and the pints of Guinness are fantastic as well

Agreed. I can’t understand anyone going to a place that says ‘Steak’ over the door and ordering chicken or fish. I’d a disagreement with the missus one time over that when she ordered chicken in there and she wouldn’t talk to me during the meal cos i caused a scene apparently.

11 Likes

They do Mexican food in steakout like Fajitas and that but it’s awful. I’d make better myself with an old El Paso pack not to mind actually making proper stuff

Been meaning to try Findlaters with a while, is it very good?

Nah, that doesn’t sound like you :grin:

1 Like

Grand. I wouldnt be fond of talking when theres food in front of me.

Only been there twice. Excellent both times. Mainly seafood but they have other options as well

Was that in the Grill Room, or the daytime set-up?