Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Top floor of the restaurant rather than the food court

https://www.alexfindlaterandco.ie/the-grill-room.html

Is that the one?

My wan was talking to Mrs Brannigan when they were taking over and she was on about some kind of fine dining/supper club option, havenā€™t been in there for an evening meal to check it out yet

What happened to that plan of the fella from the Irish version of the Apprentice who was going to build a giant restaurant in the city centre?

Thatā€™s the downstairs. But Iā€™m sure itā€™s the same food as the upstairs

1 Like

Anyone goin to the Texas and not getting a steak is wasting their time.

Have you walked through Portlaoise lately? :rofl:

Why do you lash out like this? Your heart is full of hate. Let the love in.

Texas Steak Out

Edit - just saw Estebanā€™s post but think he may have been serious

Jaysus, a serious conversation where the steak out is being labelled the best restaurant in Limerick, a fella who thinks that canā€™t be changed :man_shrugging:

There have been a fe very good eating houses in town but none survived, BrĆ»lĆ©eā€™s was a great spot back in the day, and the place on the corner of o Connell St and Hartstonge

Iā€™d prefer to cook my own steak and chips, I canā€™t do fine dining at home

2 Likes

Thereā€™s nothing in Limerick City these days ā€” itā€™s falling apart.

You had a clatter of very good restaurants 5/6 years ago but I wouldnt have classed them as fine dining.

The French Table, Freddyā€™s, Cornstore, Hamptons, Azur, Pery no.1 ā€¦ youā€™d get a decent meal in any of them. Iā€™m not sure if any of them are even still going.

It is not fine dining but I have had maybe a dozen meals in Bella Italia on Thomas Street over the last 20 years and the food and service has always been excellent. A consistently good spot

3 Likes

Good shout, I forgot Bella Italia ā€¦ never lets you down.

Cornstore still going and itā€™s lovely. DiVincenzoā€™s, Coq Bull, The Buttery and Lana are all very decent in the city.

good food, good staff, good atmosphere, not pretentious

Not fine I suppose. Itā€™s all objective though, as youā€™d say yourself.

1 Like

Texas is a great spot if you like a bit of microwaved frozen veg and mash.

3 Likes

Azur is definitely gone, or at least rebranded to Rossiā€™s - not sure if itā€™s the same crew running it but it was nowhere near as good as it was in the Azur days when I was last in there. Dunno if Freddieā€™s is still going but it was smashing the one time I went, probably four years ago.

@Julio_Geordioā€™s comment about big portions is key. The food could be gash but as long as its tumbling over the side of your plate it will be looked on fondly in Limerick.

3 Likes

Theyā€™re all still there except for Azur, I like the french table a lot, itā€™s a lovely restaurant and the food is always perfectly cooked, Iā€™d have it very high on my list of places in Limerick, not quite at the level of 1826 for the wow factor which is something that I enjoy, I want to eat food that I could never cook at home, to me thatā€™s fine dining

Iā€™d rather have my breakfast out of McDonaldā€™s than anywhere else in Limerick but I know itā€™s not the best brekkie in Limerick

2 Likes

Iā€™d be of a similar thinking. Iā€™d want to be very stuck for options on the menu before Iā€™d order a steak out.

5 Likes

Proper order too

+1