Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Wasn’t there a racist episode in Texas stakeout a few years back? Made Joe Duffy.

Says your man with a confederate flag

1 Like

I heard 8 lads were lynched in there but JP had it covered up

The knackers are always trying it on in there,last time the sent a young kid up with a load of dud notes.

Jaysus, wonders will never cease. We agree on something.

Same here.

French table is lovely. I’d be fond of Freddy’s but again, wouldn’t classify it as fine dining

Some roaster from Kerry went for his graduation dinner back when we were in college in that place Bruelles @backinatracksuit or whatever it was called. His mother read about it in a book!

Cornstore is nice but has too many notions. Coq Bull is a load of cock. Been there twice, no interest going there again, Eddie Rockets on steroids. Bella is safe as is La Cucina. The Buttery is consistently excellent. But Poppadom is my favourite by far. Consistently excellent grub.

A she-devil took all my love. I actually quite like Laois, it’s main town aside. Spent an enjoyable few hours exploring Glenbarrow Waterfall at the weekend.

Lovely spot.

+1. Wandered there by accident about 7/8 years ago one summer’s day. Lovely

You did well to stumble over it!

The Slieve Blooms are beautiful. The biking track through it is glorious.

3 Likes

A hidden treasure mate

1 Like

Anyone ever seen this?

Might get a laugh off it.

The Hard Man is a 52 minute documentary which was made in 1995 about a man called Michael Kelly who is a former criminal from the Southhill area of Limerick City, Ireland. The film examines the social environment from which Kelly emerged and highlights the key role alcohol played in guiding Kelly down the path of violence and crime.

After having wasted 17 years of his life going in and our of correctional facilities, Kelly was eventually able to somewhat redeem himself through his friendship with local curate Fr. Joe Young and his partner Majella Hanlon. During the making of this film Kelly was also successfully running a security business and dedicating much of his time to training local Limerick youth to play football. He saw this as a means to keep them from following the same life of crime he did.

2 Likes

I must watch that, he met a grisly end for a finish didn’t he?

He certainly did

His brother was the real hard man. Mikey’s passing hit him hard. Some great stories about their M&A Kelly days

That was shown on RTE back a good few years ago.

2 Likes

I remember watching it in Mungret GAA clubhouse for some reason. All the off duty gardai were seething

The mother is gas – When talking about him lying there outside the Steering Wheel (cc @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy) with 17 stab wounds — ‘mikey, dont leave me now’ - ‘and he didnt’

1 Like