Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Thank you,I havenā€™t FB ask my kid to do it, appreciate it big-time,Iā€™m 61 soon and would like it for my grandchildren in Derry, just in case likešŸ‘ps was able to message them via messenger, thank you big time

Refrain from straying into the old folks section here lad, thatā€™s my preserve and I have a successor lined up. Iā€™ll call on you if he croaks.

10 Likes

:rofl:

1 Like

K pops

1 Like

John Michael Fitzgerald is not in the pub anymore, with about 3 or 4 years Iā€™d say. A local family have it leased, did it up beautifully and out the back of it too and itā€™s doing a roaring trade apparently. Has won national traditional pub awards in the past year or so as far as I know, spotted something on Facebook earlier in the year about it

1 Like

My great grandfather and his brothers were part of the IRA attack party that night. Leave it with me and Iā€™ll check to see if your grandfatherā€™s name comes up anywhere

1 Like

Star boy, appreciate it big time,his son Ned( Edward) didnā€™t want a republican funeral, republicans from co Limerick and Kerry thought otherwise

Comes up in that song

Thats one of his sons,12 in the family,his brother Jack owned that pub in previous pic,small Farmer, stonemason- his brother Mick Fitzgerald lived across the road from him,few miles outside of Abbeyfeale, on the Kerry side,Duagh company,Kerry no 1

He was caught with 3 others on the bridge on a car, operation compromised

Yeah saw that,it was a vv basic pub,planks of wood on beer barrels,out the kitchen for cards,he was known as Sean when I was there,some sessions

1 Like

Sorry for rambling on but v proud of my Kerry republican roots,my dad was a fine gaeler,it caused ructions,so the bit of madness in the family comes directly from the kingdom with a lash of Abbeyfeale thrown in aswell

http://www.militaryarchives.ie/collections/online-collections/bureau-of-military-history-1913-1921/bmhsearch/search.jsp?querystr=Duagh

Try that link for some material

4 Likes

Thanks boy

1 Like

Youā€™re a star boy,got great information, go raibh mile maith agait

![Screensh