Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

Sounds like they were ratted out

1 Like

Thatā€™s the story,he never spoke about it,but had a Webley under the bed until he passed away, between hard labour,beatings and hunger striking they all had a shite time then and afterwards,he didnā€™t receive a war/ military pension until near death- wrong side

1 Like

You couldnā€™t trust them Abbeyfeale cunts

Ah now,they stood up when needed,------

On that military archives website look for the account of Jimmy Collins Abbeyfeale, he gives a great run down of the Brosna Ambush.

Thereā€™s a sad but very interesting tale about another North Kerry man, Liam Scully I think his name was, was on the run from home area in North Kerry and linked up with West Limerick IRA who partook in the attack on Kilmallock RIC Barracks and was shot. Died during the getaway, buried in the dead of the night by Templeglantine IRA aided by Tournafulla IRA while being encircled on all sides by crown forces, they got a coffin made for him in Tour, fetched a priest out of his bed at the end of a gun and carried the body to the old graveyard in Templeglantine and buried him before narrowly escaping over the hill and gone just in time. Heā€™s still there to this day, never made it home to North Kerry

5 Likes

Pub in Knockaderry caught serving behind closed doors last night.

1 Like

These places will surely get their licences revoked

2 Likes

Youā€™d assume so anyway. 3 Gardai arrived on and shut it down.

1 Like

After they had three honest each Iā€™m sure

The last raffle I was at was very interesting because the people that ran the raffle actually won it! So its not unusual for that to happen.

4 Likes

If revenue ask we sold 500,000 tickets

Raffling cars is all the rage now.Yer man above in Newry is getting rid of some amount of cars

R Kings?

A lad local enough actually won a car off them :joy:

I see a load of Limerick people winning with him.A fella in Askeaton even won a transit.

1 Like

Genius really. You end up with a car you didnā€™t even want and are delighted with yourself :joy:

1 Like

Thereā€™s a memorial plaque for him on a building in Kilmallock across from the old barracks.

Lad I work with won a bike last week

They must be making savage money off it

I was looking a 91 john Deere they had 675 tickets at Ā£20 thatā€™s Ā£13500. Good profit and no haggling