Even more mayhem regarding Limerick

@The_Most_Infamous has serious postcode anxiety since he moved out from town

Is there a breakdown by box there . I always though WOD and MQ have Moyross sewn up

MQ won most city boxes

Blueshirts are turning too. Imagine if the government falls over a road to moyross

Isnā€™t it a road around Moyross, technically?

Would they not be building a road through a flood plain? Where were they planning to join to the old N7? Groody?

Couldnā€™t be any worse than floating the motorway through the bog in Lisnagry

1 Like

Yup as below in your picture but there is an exit at the back of moyross. At moment thereā€™s only one way in and out. Traffic on that side of town is awful corbally particularly

A proposed exit alone or on and off ramps? Wouldnā€™t make a pile of sense to have traffic coming out of town along Knocklisheen to get on or off there.

Havenā€™t a clue. I remember working out by corbally an spending over and hour getting from ul to super value

Would it not make it easier for ye to have a second way into the area too mate?

Parkroad and out on to Rhebogue was always a decent way around that.

Thats the way I go. Pa healy Road onwards was the problem

1 Like

Much of a muchness really. Are you trying to bring more traffic into that area or move it out and around the city. Not sure where the proposed exits are going to be along the route but would two be enough between the Ennis road and Lisnagry?

I think the proposed route mate was to connect the northside of Moyross to Clonmacken.

Essentially open up that Knocklisheen side. I donā€™t think the rest of the Limerick north distributor link is feasible given its on a floodplain to be honest going over towards Corbally etc,

But the Knocklisheen route should be done as it would remove that one way in, one way out feel to the area thats been there since the 80ā€™s.

1 Like

No point doing a half-job. Thereā€™s fuck all rush-hour traffic on that Clonmacken/Knocklisheen section, itā€™s the traffic coming from the UL/Plassey area that needs relief

1 Like

Agree with you, its a lot trickier though with the river.

A sulky track, technically

Your right. What I canā€™t understand is why the greens oppose this. Traffic around UL is horrific. The only way to get from Castletroy to corbally is through town or up pa healy Road which are usually at a crawl during rush hour. The entire road from clonmackin to the mackey roundabout will allow people to completely avoid the city. With that road and removing the toll on the tunnel, itā€™ll remove the need for cars to go through the city. Only traffic in the city should be people going there.

All this talk of pedestrianisation, bus lanes and cycling infrastructure in the city is useless unless they remove the need for traffic to pass through the city. This part if the road in moyross is the start. Much needed fir the people of moyross. Its very disingenuous of the greens saying they consulted the public and a rail option is better. Build the rail line too not instead

3 Likes

The Greens are going to get cannibalised at the next election.

Theyā€™ve brought nothing to Government, bar an increase at the pumps.

1 Like