❗ Official TFK Improvements Thread

:sweat_smile: Class

Been done a few times but never with money. By day 3 at least half the entries have given up.

@Rocko what does this place cost to run? Have you approached sportsfile about a potential sponsorship deal?

I wouldn’t go changing much. The so and so is replying is a great recent addition. Julio, Rocko and Mac belting away on the keypad now. Just ask for a top up when the meter is running low. Nobody would have a problem with that I think. It certainly shouldn’t be costing you money to keep the lights on.

1 Like

Put @Copper_pipe in charge of I.T. Job is oxo

1 Like

Ban the phrase

Job is oxo

16 Likes

Roughly $40 a month. It depends on a few factors such as volume of emails generated and @Bandage’s expenses etc but I’ve throttled those way back.

My suggestion for it would be:

You get 1,000 fantasy euro to wager on the upcoming Cheltenham festival (Winner is obviously the person with the largest fantasy ‘bank’ at the end of the week.

Max bet per race is 100 fantasy euro. Win or each-way bets only (no place only bets). Minimum bet per race is 20 fantasy euro. You do not have to bet in every race. You can back more than one horse in a single race (up to a total stake of 100 in that race) but multiple selections can only add up to 100 fantasy euro max in that race. No doubles\trebles etc.
The Place portion of any Each Way bet will be paid at 1/4 the odds of the S.P., number of places paid to be as per the bookies rules on the race.

You must wager a minimum of 250 fantasy euro per day of racing (unless you start the day with less in your bank)

All bets for each day’s racing must be nominated in this thread by 1pm on each day of racing. If you have not posted by then, you will be presumed to have placed no bets for that day. One post per entrant per day. You can edit your post up to 1pm as much as you like, any editing after 1pm will result in forfeit of 750 fantasy euro and your bets for that day being null and void.

All bets are at official starting prices.

If you select a horse that is subsequently declared a non-runner (and do not amend your post before 1pm), your stake is automatically transferred to the favourite in that race. In the case of joint or co-favourites, it will transfer to the horse with the lowest racecard number.

All races will be Double Result (i.e. FPP and RoR).

Yeah but what about the expenses :grimacing:

On point 5, the “unwelcoming” thing, I don’t know to what extent is true.

Obviously I assume you know how many individual people look at the site each day (actually, are there many guests/lurkers on a day-to-day basis?) but this place is mental. I know a few people who have looked at this site and they find some of the interactions bizarre.

But those quirks are what make the site what it is and presumably what makes those regulars come back (and so talkative).

Case in point with this young man below. He was hounded around the place for losing lads a load of money on dodgy eastern european soccerball games. Yet he stuck through it and is a fine addition to the forum.

I think we just like to test lads and the weak just don’t survive here. We all love each other deep down but need somewhere to vent and this is a relatively safe place to voice a number of things that if we said out loud to co-workers would probably get us fired.

2 Likes

Agreed. Without going into too much detail I talked about some of those metrics with a famous within his world internet entrepreneur dude and he thought it was fascinating. The regulars are ridiculously talkative and stickaroundy. The volume of posting from a relatively low number of posters is literally off the charts. I may do a chart on it soon actually. Just not tonight.

2 Likes

Would it then be on the charts? :thinking:
This place is like a whatsapp group

5 Likes

:romania: :romania: :nerd_face:

1 Like

We all need to vent?

Huh?

Dont, it could tip me over the edge.

1 Like

Lower the number of posts to view the rugby players sex videos?

1 Like

Fuck it @Rocko, if The Guardian can pester people for money every time they go on their site then so can you.

Look, I think you’re doing a super job anyway, I think we all do appreciate it.

And regarding donations, I wouldn’t really be interested in a betting competition as outlined above (horses just aren’t my thing) but I’d be more than happy to throw a few quid your way every once in a while and I’m sure others feel the same.

$40 a month is not an insignificant amount of money and there’s quite a bit of hassle to go along with that; don’t think you should be bearing that cost alone (and I know people have been generous in the past).

The likes of Facebook, Twitter and other social media have kinda killed off the old-style ‘community-feel’ forum that used to be everywhere. Not that they’re dead completely, but there has been a shift and TFK is a chip off the old block, while still being its own, extremely unique, thing.

1 Like

@Rocko a last man standing competition. It practically runs itself.

1. Lads have to pay to be in beforehand.
  2. LAds have to post all selections by 11am on the saturday. No editing.
  3. Anyone not posting a selection is gone.
  4. House takes a cut.

Also, while I have you, go watch that 3 billboards… film. It’s deadly

2 Likes