FAO of Bandage (and other Wexicans)

You should get back to Gorey handy enough if you leave now Mac.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I considered it. Never left a Wexford game early and wasn’t starting a habit today

1 Like

I hate cunts who leave early…well done @Mac- moral victory for Wexford.

I saw a few Cork cunts fucking off at half time. I really showed them.

2 Likes

A brief review of my weekend.

Friday Evening
Arrived at c. 7pm, 45 minutes later than the advertised time from Wexford Bus primarily due to the roadworks. My B&B was just beyond South Main St, so having checked in I had a quick burger in the Premier before starting our drinking in The Sky and The Ground. We stayed downstairs for a few pints. I very much enjoyed this place, an excellent pub with a nice feel to it. We didn’t go to the craft beer part upstairs, due to my strong dislike for hipsters (see paragraph on Simon’s Place on Saturday for more detail).

At this stage, my friend was out of cash. We were relatively surprised they didn’t do cashback, so went up the town in search of an ATM. 10 minutes later, we concluded it might be easier to get cash in Athens than Wexford, before finally finding an ATM.

We were now up around Monck St, so had a walk down. Went into the Louch and Quay. Stayed here for six or so pints, which were also very much enjoyed. There was a lad playing guitar banging out classic pop standards from 60s through to 90s. We did also have a rather strange encounter here with some absolutely hammered lad from up around Belfast. In his 50s I’d say, he was big into his Catholic dogma, particularly on sexual mores. He had a close encounter with a woman back in '99. Even though he didn’t ejaculate, he is still convinced that the intention of such a grevious sin is enough to ensure he will burn in Hell. There was a lot more shit from him, I probably don’t even remember some of the funnier stuff as I was well enough oiled myself at this stage.

Up we went to Stores then. We started knocking back the whiskeys, and I don’t really remember much from then, including walking home or getting into the B&B.

Saturday
Couldn’t get myself out of bed for breakfast int he B&B. Went into some Wild West themed restaurant for breakfast/lunch/brunch at c. 12.30. Given the context of the news of the last couple of weeks, it greatly amused me to see Confederate flags flying proudly both inside and outside the building. (As an aside, I’m not sure how much of a historical link there is between the Confederacy and the Wild West.) Got very nice chips in here with my sausages and rashers.

Went up to the Undertaker then for maybe four or five lazy afternoon pints. Decent enough boozer again, busy enough for the time of day. We stayed inside rather than drinking them outside.

Decided to go for a change of scenery before the match then. Ended up in Simon’s Place, which I hadn’t realised was a craft beer place. I should emphasise that I don’t have an issue with craft beer as a concept, just the type of wankers that seem to drink in these establishments. Some shower of cunts at the bar drinking half pints, discussing the cloudiness of the beer. If I was the type of person that externalised my anger into physical violence, they would have been glassed almost straight away.

Walked up to Wexford Park then. Up being the operative word, more of a climb than I was hoping for at that stage. I could go into one of the appropriate threads to leave my thoughts on the match. In brief, I thought Wexford were atrocious in the first half, the game was over when Cork went to sleep in the second half, and we learnt close to nothing from it. If it brings Lehane along in terms of confidence or whatever it is he needs to deliver on his talent, then I’d suppose that’s a positive.

Back down to The Sky and The Ground then. Drank out the back for a few pints, was grand. Headed up to Monck St then. Didn’t get the name of the place we were in, across the street from The Louch and Quay. Smaller place, bird with a decent voice singing. Had a few pints in here, before rather oddly finishing off with a couple of gin and tonics. Didn’t bother with Stores - it was late enough at that stage, we were fairly full up with drink and there was a queue in. Stopped off for a snackbox on the way home.

Sunday
Got the 11.30 bus home. Was delayed a little by the roadworks, which meant I missed the start of the Cork-Kerry game. A mild disappointment to end an otherwise very enjoyable weekend in lovely Wexford town.

11 Likes

Did you not chance a rissole in The Premier, @braz83?

I remain unsure exactly what a rissole is, and am by nature a cautious person averse to taking risks like that with my food.

1 Like

A trip to Wexford town without a rissole is like riding a bird but not ejaculating

Is the rissole a Wexford delicacy, akin to the blaa in Waterford?

Safe?

Not safe if she’s from Tipp

I brought the ATM issue to this forum’s attention 2 years ago and I’m seething that it hasn’t been addressed since. A real stain on an otherwise lovely town.

1 Like

There’s loads of ATM’s around the Bull Ring which is the centre of the town, no more than 4 mins walk from where @braz83 was pinting.

The Sky & The Ground not doing cash back is a stain on an otherwise excellent pub. This was mentioned back in 2012 or 2013 on the main “Wexford” thread. I should have pointed this out to Braz in advance. Paying a cover charge to get into the late opening part of The Stores is quite annoying too.

Bumped for my great pal, @carryharry.

Bumped for @Hal

1 Like

Wow. That’s a fantastic report and still broadly holds true.

Well done @Bandage.

You need to update your Simon’s place details to include their brewery downstairs but other than that it’s excellent