Calm down

And then literally the next post :joy:

How did today’s fake bets go?

More salt of the earth wit here from the skanger

Why are the left so weird and creepy?

1 Like

Do you think eBay and Facebook are Dublin companies now? Interesting

What fake bets?

Dublin sounds like a great place to do bidness by virtue of all MNCs based there and surrounding areas .

1 Like

Ireland is because of tax rates, Dublin is because of the airport. Seeing as these American companies are keeping the Dublin skangers afloat I hope anto and tbe lads doff their cap when they drive past twitters headquarters.

Christ, you even pick two of the weaker ones these days.

You contradicted yourself (again) you dunce.

Dublin is the only city with international scale in spite of lads like yourself.

No the answer is what you said before- the only city of scale.

You aren’t making any sense here. You are agreeing that Dublin subsidises you. You whinging over the reasons for that are irrelevant.

Still no evidence of Dublin, and not the multinationals that are not in anyway Dublin companies or tax payers, paying for the rest of Ireland. The west brits are rattled.

Even by your lofty standards that is complete incoherent nonsense.

Greta argument as usual you brain dead skanger. How is it nonsense?

How Dare You Greta GIF

You’re having a mare here bud. If 50% of all MNC’s are based in Dublin because they ask to be based there and you reckon those companies generate all the tax then Dublin is generating the lions share . That’s before you get to all the income tax being paid in Dublin as the average IDA client company wage is near 60k I think

A freudian slip. Which of them is the bigger shrieker?

They ask? Not that the government directs them that way? Their only ask is to be near an international airport. That thanks to Dublin centric policy is in Dublin. If mncs had an option to live in a beautiful part of Ireland with decent people they would chose that over Dublin every day.

I had a look at my Apple laptop here. It’s made in Taiwan. Amazing, I always thought Apple was an American company. But by the salt of the earth logic, the factory is in Taiwan so its actually a company from there.

You’re into whole different discussion there about further processing of a product to decide where it actually becomes an end product.
You’re also focussing your lens in the wrong direction though , if it’s all about criteria you’ve outlined - cities and acces to airports then it says something that Dublin can beat off the competition of at least 50 other cities in EU that meet that criteria like Madrid , Berlin , Paris etc instead of concentrating on bettering the offering of Ballinasloe, Roscommon town etc.
Anyway I thought the corporation tax rate was/is being standardised across EU ?

Dublin, ie Ireland, can beat off the competition because of the tax rate, mild weather for server banks etc. But that might change. But I’m glad you now agree that the fact a company is based somewhere is a mix of chance and policy, and nothing to do with Dubliners themselves. So again, how does Dublin pay for Ireland.