FAO Rocko

Nice pivot there from Dublin to Ronnie Drew and the lads .

:joy: fair play you are well able for the joshing. Give my regards to the folks in Buglers this evening.

:joy: it’s probably the one pub in that area that I was never in and im probably 20 years gone from area so doubt I ever will be in it

1 Like

Once again, you aren’t making a coherent point. You are acknowledging that Dublin subsidises rural Ireland.

1 Like

Companies based in Dublin are nothing to do with Dublins work ethic, ingenuity, entrepreneurship, honesty in paying taxes. Re read that a few times.

Trying to turn rural Ireland v urban Ireland today after trying to turn the homeless v the immigrants yesterday.

It’s always the same stick.

Divide, divide and then divide some more.

This would be the same government that for decades forced transatlantic flights to stop at Shannon.

Report after report has shown that Ireland has too many airports. Same goes for hospitals. Rural centric policy has led to too many airports that cannot every compete with the natural flow to Dublin.

Meta aren’t going to locate in Tibberspud buddy, it is Dublin vs. an Amsterdam and the likes.

They won’t because they can’t with no airport or services thanks to the government propping up Dublin, a failed shithole noted for being dangerous and also paradoxically expensive

1 Like

Are you that simple that you think that cities have some all powerful character?

They are largely natural phenomena with it happening the world over.

Nothing unique to Ireland.

Ireland is incredibly well treated with airports in relation to its population.

There should probably be one airport in Ireland.

You haven’t got a scooby what you’re even arguing here.

Not that matters of course.

1 Like

Except up until the 1990s where I was forced to land in that industrial estate to the West of Limerick?

If you want a second airport to compete with Dublin, you’ll need to close a few of them.

Probably worth taking off the “save Roscommon A&E” hats and starting to think like that. I don’t think a United Ireland is likely at the moment but if it happens, it’s inevitable that the North East corridor will become dominant.

The original point made was that Dublin pays for the rest of Ireland. You implied by agreeing with it that a city has a singular fiscal persona and that it benevolently pays for (still no clear indication what was meant there) the rest of the country.

I put on a top there from Nike. Says made in Guatemala. I always thought Nike was from Oregon. Looks like I was wrong.

Michael o Leary was very good on this very topic recently.

I’d say we’ll ultimately end up with three main ones. Shannon, one Belfast and Dublin.

Cork to stay as a summer holiday runway with a white elephant terminal and keep one in Donegal.

Dublin airport is less than hours on the airport bus from Limerick city. It’s dead handy.

Dublin and Cork do. That’s a fact.

That’s basically the case the world over too.

Ireland just has just tried to hold onto rooral life for too long.

You claim that the Independents do a great job (you ignored me posting that inconsistency out btw) for rural Ireland, but on the other hand are whinging about how the area is treated. Another contradiction.

1 Like

Must be some effing bus

1 Like

How is that a contradiction. The independents rightly look after their own areas with what meagre resources are allotted. There’s no bus service, no luas, no other amenities and few services compared to whats handed out to molly coddled useless Dubliners (in other words the greens) independents fight and cute hoor what they can. Dublin remains lazy and a drain on Ireland. Trying to pass off the achievements of international companies as their own.

I see you trying to muddy the waters including Cork now. See the truth is outside the pale pays for inside of it. Imagine Dublin without the mncs or preferential treatment. Worse than Glasgow.

It’s so handy.

Dublin is one of my favourite places. Just tremendous fun.

Because you are moaning about a party with single digit percentage votes and just over double digit seats influencing policy like they do.

They influence policy because they went into Government.

You seem to want it both ways here.

This is the same for the likes of the Soc Dems and People before Profit.

Very easy to sit on the sidelines and say “no” so you don’t upset your local vote. That local vote though has to put 2 and 2 together though at some stage that voting for people who don’t want to make the decisions of Government is an ineffectual vote.

In fairness, this Independent Ireland crowd are at least putting some organisation together. But this shite about Independents and alphabet soup Lefties is gas. It does seem like a lot of people these days just protest vote themselves because they know the grown ups will get about the business of making decisions. It won’t work though if the number of Independents continues to grow in the Dáil. It’s cowardly politics to operate like that.