FAO techie geeks

[quote=“Rudi, post: 885392, member: 1052”]1. How does this work? AceStream automatically open when I go to download the torrent, in other words I can’t download the torrent as when I try to, it opens in AceStream and nothing happens.

1. I like BitTorrent and would like to keep it.

2. How would I go about removing the file association?[/quote]
    Try right clicking and save as or try in another browser.

I use uTorrent but open BitTorrent and look for options in there about file associations and click those to take them back for BitTorrent if you can.

If you can’t fix it, uninstall acestream and reinstall but choose custom installation and don’t let it override file associations.

@Rintintin or other s4 owners. have you had any issues with your s4 continuously rebooting ?

Can’t say I have. Hasn’t happened at all I don’t think.

My good pal @LetterkennyMan had this issue. It would reboot 4 or 5 times a day. He brought it back and got a replacement.

Might be an issue with the power button. If it’s out of warranty there’s an app to disable the power button from the lock screen so it can only be powered off deliberately. It’s not ideal but works fine if you can’t get a replacement and that’s the problem.

It’s called Smart Lockscreen Protector.

No such issue here fof. I actually had my first issue during the week , my phone would take an absolute age to charge would barely charge at all while powered on and would be slightly faster when powered off, it seems to have fixed itself though thankfully.

Some internet research suggests it may be a faulty battery. Think it should still be under warranty. Will bring it in.

I have problems on the S4 with the battery life being fairly erratic.
Some days I’d get the most of the day out of it, then another day with similar usage it might be down 20% by 3 or 4.

Check your battery to see if it is bubbling. You should be able to see this even with the back cover on. Apparently it’s very common and Samsung are doing free replacements.

lads im having a problem with the laptop at the mo; when i let it go to sleep, it makes all the noises of coming back alive but the screen stays blank then i have to reboot a couple of times to a black screen before the screen finally starts up.

any ideas/fixes greatly appreciated

[QUOTE=“artfoley, post: 934702, member: 179”]lads im having a problem with the laptop at the mo; when i let it go to sleep, it makes all the noises of coming back alive but the screen stays blank then i have to reboot a couple of times to a black screen before the screen finally starts up.

any ideas/fixes greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]
Is it the same with power plugged in and just off the battery?

Have you tried connecting to a monitor to see if it’s a problem with the display or with the booting process?

My lady dropped her Samsung Galaxy… No surface damage but the screen wint come on, just flashes green if you hold down on screen or push buttons… Fucked or small repair job?

Your lady or the phone? Either way they’re fucked.

I have a LG Smart TV and am trying to download Mobdro on it.

When I try to download the app, I get a message saying “File downloading is not supported”.

Someone sort this out for me please

Hmmm

seems like you may have inadvertently downloaded a particularly virulent piece of malware

one hopes you are fully backed up

There may be a setting on your TV to “allow apps from unknown sources”. If not you may be downloading the wrong app for the wrong device.

Is it an android TV? Mobdro only works on Android devices

A 5MB IBM hard drive back in 1956…

2 Likes

You’d need about 6,000 of them to hold TFK. Some amount of waffle we’re leaving behind for future generations to enjoy.