FAO West Clare Posters

It’s serious bidness.

1 Like

It’s a piss-up for the young crowd - you wouldn’t hear much diddley-aye after the classes are finished in the afternoon

cc @binkybarnes - Oh La La creperie is another decent alternative in Ennistymon, the food pubs in Lahinch are all fairly good if working off the same hymnsheet. The Edge on the prom and Vagabond up by the church are the newest of them, have only tried them the once and both were grand.

3 Likes

Anchor inn Liscannor for grub. Fish and chips is very good there as is everything tbf. You’d be there in 6 mins from the Falls

2 Likes

Thanks lads. I’ll report back with some AA Gill type reviews.

Bring a loaded wallet if you’re heading to the Anchor for grub. Good fare though.

1 Like

They don’t even have prices on the menu. I don’t know how they get away with it.

Sat down there recently for fish and chips - 23 euro. While I was there people called in for the exact same meal for takeaway - 14 euro.

Mrs. Kremmen had a steak - 38 euro.

1 Like

The kids one used to be massive. 8 euro. Chowder and kids fish and chips more than enough

1 Like

I see that Timmy Dooley’s dad has died. I don’t however expect @Rocko to suspend posting for 3 hours on Monday.

I deal with people from the most deprived areas of the Midwest every day in my job. The folk from Kilrush are in a league of their own - most of our clients from the town look like they were dragged out of a ditch. It is one of the most dysfunctional and poverty stricken towns I’ve ever come across.

Where did it all go wrong?!

3 Likes

I worked in West Clare for a while years back, and they’re a strange enough bunch when you go out that way. Moyasta always seemed the strangest spot.

I remember watching this documentary a few years back, and thinking that a few of the characters in it were similar enough to the sorts I met there.

I’ve a mate who moved down from Finglas to work there and he thinks Kilrush is ten times worse :confounded:

1 Like

Those folk would be eerily similar to a few West Clare people I work with :joy::face_with_peeking_eye:
It’s like parts of Mayo/Roscommon. Reminds me of how it was like when I was a child in the early 90s. Extremely parochial/conservative. Clare has the highest amount of Roman Catholics per head of population and I’m not surprised :joy:
East Clare/Ennis seems normal enough but it’s a difference story out West.

Sounds like NCW

NCW is fine. There are two bad estates in the the town that sometimes make life difficult for the rest of the populace, but by and large it’s grand back there. Certainly not in the same league as Kilrush or the likes of Croom, Tipp Town, Shannon and parts of Limerick City.

No it’s not

I was back at the Willie Clancy on Friday. Excellent.

1 Like

A Laoisian commenting on West Limerick towns - you’re outside your area of expertise :grinning:

I’m right

So was Boris is his own head :smile: