FAO wexford people

Parking spaces Wexford style

5 Likes

Juhy. Are you in Gorey for the afternoon? Lovely cafe on Esmonde St just across from where you took that pic. Does outstanding cupcakes.

Unfortunately no. Is it called Zeldas or something?

I think its the Primrose Cottage that BT is referring to.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be a man for cupcakes anyway but duly noted. Excellent response time from the Wexford origin posters here.

Had I known you were in the area I’d have had a spread on for you, or at least sent you to somewhere nice for a spread if I wasn’t around

1 Like

Better than their response time for checking on elderly neighbours anyways

6 Likes

Ah now. They’re fairly diligent in their annual checks.

Typical Limerick bitterness.

@Mac what is the Amber Springs like these days? Hoping to get a midweek break in next week with the life partner and chiseller. Have heard good feedback from other parents but reviews online not complimentary especially on weekends where there are weddings involved.

Midweek should be fine. Its a pure family based hotel with lots of stuff for kids to do on site. Presume the reviews are from families who were disrupted by residence bars etc. They’ve imposed a charge on the kids Playzone area for non-residents which means it should be a bit quieter which wouldn’t be a bad thing if you’re staying there.

1 Like

Good man. Yeah that seems to be the main complaint and plates on corridors when they’ve been busy. We’ll probably have dinner one of the nights in the hotel. Is there anywhere decent in Gorey for grub for the other night albeit with nipper in tow?

Plenty of places but depends on the night of the week as some places don’t open on certain nights. The hotel have a pizza restaurant on their grounds now which I’ve not tried. If you’ve an idea of what night it is let me know and I’ll PM you a few places.

1 Like

Could you please post your recommendations on the thread? I wouldn’t mind getting some restaurant recommendations from Gorey.

Sad to see @Mac hasn’t picked up on the hints here and hasn’t offered to meet @Spidey for a drink.

@Mac - what’s the best chipper in Gorey these days?

I will endeavour to do this in the next 24 hours

What’s the name of that smashing little cupcake shop / café that @Spidey should definitely check out?

Mrs Mac maintains that its King Cod while I’ve a soft spot for Sorrentos. Each are better at certain things so it depends on what menu item you’re looking for

I’m expecting now to be there Monday and Tuesday pal. Looks like two of the restaurants in the hotel are closed those nights.

You’ve a poor selection on Monday. Only options would the Katie Daly’s or The Coach House which both do pub grub that’s in the good category. Not outstanding but more than decent. There’s probably a Chinese or an Indian Open but they’re your best bets.

Tuesday night has the above but also a place called Eco at the top of the town, about 10 mins odd walk from hotel. Most popular restaurant in the town with a wide variety on the menu. I’m a fan of their chicken wings and their pizzas are also top notch. Their steaks are also very good I’m told although if I want good Steak I’d head for The Bistro which isn’t open on your nights.

Edit - you might also have The Pigs Tale and The Kitchen. Pigs Tale is up a stairs off the main street so awkward for a buggy. They are a bit hipsterish in that they stock a lot of craft beer and make a big deal out of the fact that they rear their own pigs for the pudding they serve. It’s a bit overpriced for what you get but the early bird is decent value. Good qualiry meat but questionable portion sizes.

The Kitchen is a bit meh. Food is often very bland and wouldn’t recommend. Been nearly 2 years since I was there and not heard anything since to change this.

2 Likes