Feeling a bit sick

Im right as rain otherwise, same like that

I’m only right today after the worst dose I’ve ever had. My last proper meal was Friday of last week. Heavy stomach cramps and not keeping any food in me. Have never spent as much time in bed in my life. Zero energy as well. Needed to lie down for 15 mins after a menial task like having a shower.

Seemed to be improving Sunday night and then crashed worse on Monday. An acute gastro infection is what the doc nicely called it. Lost nearly 3/4 stone over the course of the week :grimacing:

Very hard to feel festive when you’re feeling absolutely shite but finally started to get into it now. Half a selection box put away this morning without even realising it :joy:

13 Likes

Same as that. Weird cramps on the stomach. Muscular pains at the top rather than churning in it if you follow.

Half a portion chips I ate on Wednesday night. Nothing since but bouts of puking anyway.

Horrific. Herself unfortunately about 2 days behind me symptoms wise so be a good few days I’d say before safe to venture out so as not to pass it on

1 Like

Load up on the flat 7up and flat Lucozade. And electrolyte tablets dissolved in water if you can get your hands on them. Anything to keep yourself hydrated

ORS are a game changer

The High 5 ones with the caffeine were my go to. Mrs Mac picked up some of those ORS cos there’s no dioralytes around anymore. Never heard of them before

1 Like

Sinus / Ear / Throat infection bedding in here.

Thought I’d shaken the cunt off Monday but it’s back with a bang today. :tired_face:

4 Likes

Get well soon Harry.

1 Like

My other half was absolutely floored by covid last week. Her first time getting it. Its now followed through into a woeful sinus infection

Both kids aren’t right either and this morning i woke up with the aches and chills.

Great craic

2 Likes

Poor dave hickey looks in a bad way. Unfortunately id say its just a matter of time. He did some service throughout his life though.

6 Likes

I’d half suspect with my tin hat and my beer goggled eyes and brain that it is some strain of covid and most can’t be bothered doing tests so it is spreading around grand.

I think he is better than he looks if you know what i mean.

1 Like

Myself and @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy avoided the Covid and never had a cold or flu since we started on the high dose Ester C 6 year ago

4 Likes

Hes out and about alright but some differe nce in speech persona

I tested myself and it came up negative :man_shrugging:

Era dont mind me I’m just shiting on.

However, a neighbour been sick with about a fortnight, very bad this week. Testing negative all the time. Saw faint positive line yday and the same today.

1 Like

Christ, caught a right bad dose of flu there. In the bed shivering like fuck. Night ye cunts.

5 Likes

Drink is the cause of all your ills.

Down to the shore and jump in for 10 mins, straight back and into a hot bath. A glass of the quare stuff and into the bed.

4 Likes

According to a nurse I know the current plague isn’t a flu. It’s some form of a virus thereby making antibiotics useless in sorting it. The whole country is sick tho. Most with a worse dose than covid

4 Likes