Feeling a bit sick

We had Covid in our house before Christmas. The wife and kids picked it up and were pretty miserable for a few days. I somehow managed to avoid it.
I wasn’t sure of protocol with going to work or visiting people or whatever but wife insisted I tested for it despite being asymptomatic.

They are all coughing and spluttering again now since tail end of Christmas and New Years with whatever is going around. Sore throats, chesty coughs, Ear infections, etc. I have managed to fend off same again. The little one hasn’t been in the creche since start of December.

I do think supplements and good gut health cannot be overstated in combatting viruses and infections. It is something I have consciously tried to do, even taking healthy bacteria supplements. I do feel it makes a difference and it may sound silly but its like I can feel the immune system fighting off these ailments.
It is probably a good thing to introduce to children irrespective of age.

6 Likes

Don’t apologise for talking sense.

Exactly what I have since Dec 30th. Couldn’t sleep whatsoever, my throat was on fire. Went to VHI clinic New Year’s Day, I’m lashing antibiotics, ibuprofen, paracetamol the lot into me.

Everyone is sick

4 Likes

The whole country

1 Like

Never seen the likes of it

Tis unrale

There’s some nasty rumours doing the rounds about more strains of covid emerging from China. That virus was invented thoroughly.

Our general poor health has flattened lots of people. No surprise seeing the amount of mobile puddings you’d see everywhere. Anyone in decent feck would get over it quick enough or wouldn’t get sick in the first place.

2 Likes

all the fat fuckers are

1 Like

Immune systems are banjaxed. People are scared witless, gut biomes are bland barren wastelands…you’d want to be horsing kefir, blue cheese, kombucha, greek yogurt and apple cider vinegar into you sharpish.

5 Likes

Somebody please recommend some supplements related to gut health bacteria, etc. I want in on this fad big time, as everyone around me is falling like soldiers with flu, coughing and spluttering or whatever the fudge this is.

Keep it simple if possible please. A couple of products I can stroll into the health store and start lashing into me without having to get in to conversations with the spoofers who work in these stores.

@johnnysachs @Thomas_Brady

As well as doing yoga and intermittent fasting every morning, and meditating on your shakti mat before pulling the weighted blanket up around you en route to getting 8+hrs of quality sleep at night.

1 Like

Gut health will only go so far, so whatever the maestros recommend be sure to add Quercetin and NAC into the mix.

This would be a good start. You might experience some flatulence early doors but just look at it as your body getting rid of all the dirty diesel.

1 Like

See this is what I was talking about… ive no idea what those two things are and what they do. Ive 15 spreadsheets, power bi, banking apps and nitro open here along with reading here. Im time poor, I want a quick solution to this, a couple of solid products to cover a few bases

Cheers

I started on Berberine new years day, its unreal stuff

2 Likes

Sounds unreal.

I found this bit slightly alarming though:

Berberine also affects various other molecules inside cells, and may even affect which genes are turned on or off (4Trusted Source).

So I might get a second opinion on it before changing my genes

1 Like

eat fermented foods mate.

2 Likes