Ferdinand, Noble, Nolan and O'Hara

:mad:

[quote=ā€œmyboyblueā€]Get the fuck out of here. Are you saying if I move to England, and have a kid over there, that kid isnt allowed play for Ireland?

Fuck off.[/quote]

[quote=ā€œmyboyblueā€]Get the fuck out of here. Are you saying if I move to England, and have a kid over there, that kid isnt allowed play for Ireland?

Fuck off.[/QUOTE]

Ya well if you have a tan kid it should play for the tans

There was an amnesty for this thing and as far as I can remember Nolan was eiligible but needed to declare for us before the amnesty ran out, he didnā€™t and thus became ineligible until now. I wouldnā€™t pick him now anyway, if he had come on board first time round he would have had my support but he was clearly holding out for an England call-up.

I think all of these cases need to be judged on a case by case basis. I have all the time in the world for the likes of Kevin Kilbane, grew up feeling Irish and always wanted to play for us. Then you have the others, the likes of Terry Mancini and the immortal line about our national anthem ā€œI hope our one isnā€™t that badā€, guys like that just cheapen the whole thing.

Itā€™s a tricky one though, you have the likes of NCC who claims to be of Italian descent, would the forum support or slate NCC if he chose to represent the Azzuri? Iā€™d like to think weā€™d get behind him.

Itā€™s going to be interesting here in the next few years, weā€™ve always been the ones calling up the players born abroad, but with the influx of foreign nationals weā€™ve had how long is it going to be before we see some kid born and bred in Tallaght, speaking with a Dublin accent and turning out for Poland?

Montefooko is a backward turfmunching fool of the highest order.

Say that to Roy Keane and his kids you racist son of a bitch.

Can see him switching so. Didnt realise it was that close. Quite what Trapp will make of him hanging around with BB sluts is another matter. Heā€™ll never make the English side and is average enough really. As long as he doesnt turn into a Bernie Slaven i dont mind.

There must be fairly tenous links between Ferdinand, Noble, Nolan and the emerald isle.

Iā€™d respect more someone like Martin Keown who has Irish parents (I think) but didnt commit cause he didnt feel Irish.

Iā€™d be firmly of the opinion that the diaspora is the most important yet most criminally under utilised resource available to the state. The mentality should be that we use it every way we can. The potential is incredible but the leadership from the government on the issue is zero. The deValerian isolationists can stick to their cabbage patches if they have a problem with it.

He should be banned for this horseshit heā€™s spouting. Itā€™s sickening.

[quote=ā€œbriantinnionā€]There was an amnesty for this thing and as far as I can remember Nolan was eiligible but needed to declare for us before the amnesty ran out, he didnā€™t and thus became ineligible until now. I wouldnā€™t pick him now anyway, if he had come on board first time round he would have had my support but he was clearly holding out for an England call-up.

I think all of these cases need to be judged on a case by case basis. I have all the time in the world for the likes of Kevin Kilbane, grew up feeling Irish and always wanted to play for us. Then you have the others, the likes of Terry Mancini and the immortal line about our national anthem ā€œI hope our one isnā€™t that badā€, guys like that just cheapen the whole thing.

Itā€™s a tricky one though, you have the likes of NCC who claims to be of Italian descent, would the forum support or slate NCC if he chose to represent the Azzuri? Iā€™d like to think weā€™d get behind him.

Itā€™s going to be interesting here in the next few years, weā€™ve always been the ones calling up the players born abroad, but with the influx of foreign nationals weā€™ve had how long is it going to be before we see some kid born and bred in Tallaght, speaking with a Dublin accent and turning out for Poland?[/QUOTE]

Not long and there will be riots if that happens. Thats why I think its pretty understandable how McGeady gets abuse in Scotland for not declaring for the state/province of his birth and that of his parents

You think people would be that upset? Itā€™d be his choice, wouldnt bother me unduly if Micko Saganowski declared for Poland.

James Connolly isnt Irish now according to that mong:D

At the east end of London I met an old man
He kept a bar called thehorses and tram
My parents were Irish theyloved that dearland
The cockney he smiled and he shook my old hand
My heart is in Ireland itā€™s there I long to be
Her hills and her valleys arecalling to me
Thoug born here in[D] this land my eart is in Ireland
The land of the old folk is calling to me

Near a coalmine in Wales by a roadside cafe
A young girl came smiling and to me did say
Well my folks are from Ireland me dad he hopes one day
When he leaves the mines sure weā€™ll go back tp stay

Then I went through the midlands to each city and town
I found there were Irish in each place I roamed
And I drank and I sang in a pub they called the crown
With the Birmingham Irish we sang songs of home

Then I went north to scotland to Glasgow on the Clyde
I et with some young lads said Celticā€™s our side
All our folks are from Ireland the island of the green
That country we love but a place weā€™ve not seen

maybe you like me are just more tolerant than the likes of KIB- i wouldnt give a shit either way & wouldnt like to dictate to a person their nationality

wasnt devalera american?

NCC settle this one now so we can focus on Ferdinand, Oā€™Hara et al - would you/will you choose the Azzuri or the boys in green?

[quote=ā€œnorth county corncrakeā€]James Connolly isnt Irish now according to that mong:D

At the east end of London I met an old man
He kept a bar called thehorses and tram
My parents were Irish theyloved that dearland
The cockney he smiled and he shook my old hand
My heart is in Ireland itā€™s there I long to be
Her hills and her valleys arecalling to me
Thoug born here in[D] this land my eart is in Ireland
The land of the old folk is calling to me

Near a coalmine in Wales by a roadside cafe
A young girl came smiling and to me did say
Well my folks are from Ireland me dad he hopes one day
When he leaves the mines sure weā€™ll go back tp stay

Then I went through the midlands to each city and town
I found there were Irish in each place I roamed
And I drank and I sang in a pub they called the crown
With the Birmingham Irish we sang songs of home

Then I went north to scotland to Glasgow on the Clyde
I et with some young lads said Celticā€™s our side
All our folks are from Ireland the island of the green
That country we love but a place weā€™ve not seen[/QUOTE]

Ah James Connolly lived in Ireland for part of his life you gobshite. When did Tony Cascarino ever live in ireland?

Yes indeedy.

if it was a 32 county team then id choose Ireland -

[quote=ā€œnorth county corncrakeā€]James Connolly isnt Irish now according to that mong:D
[/QUOTE]

just want to get your exact qualifications - they can be born abroad but if they live in ireland for a while they are Irish- can you quantify the exact amount of time they would have had to live here?
3 weeks?
3 months?
3 years?