Ferdinand, Noble, Nolan and O'Hara

Does a stag weekend in Temple Bar qualify the disapora to be called Irish I wonder?

What if they come over and drink a pint of guinness?

A kiss me Iā€™m Irish hat?

[quote=ā€œnorth county corncrakeā€]just want to get your exact qualifications - they can be born abroad but if they live in ireland for a while they are Irish- can you quantify the exact amount of time they would have had to live here?
3 weeks?
3 months?
3 years?[/QUOTE]

A year and a day.

[quote=ā€œmyboyblueā€]Does a stag weekend in Temple Bar qualify the disapora to be called Irish I wonder?

What if they come over and drink a pint of guinness?

A kiss me Iā€™m Irish hat?[/QUOTE]

if they buy a shillelagh in carrolls?

Is this your final answer?

It is

Is this just for Irish people born abroad or can anyone who comes to live in Ireland stay and year and a day and be deemed to be Irish?

Anyone Iā€™m not fussy

http://www.ulverstonrant.zoomshare.com/files/NEW_FOR_2008/HORSE_SHITE.jpg

so oliver cromwell was Irish as he was in Ireland from 1649-1650:rolleyes:

Right, so youā€™re not fussy, yet you donā€™t believe Irish people born to Irish parents abroad arent Irish?

Idiot.

its only fair i suppose that you get to go along to an Ireland match with your UVF mates.

why are you so angry the whole time?

Inferiority complex

:mad:

:guns:

:mad::clap:

He was Lord Protector of Ireland so I suppose he could claim to be Irish

Youā€™ve some neck to capitalise that, Iā€™m seething.

From Rte

Former Irish captain Kenny Cunningham is urging caution following FIFAā€™s rule change allowing players over the age of 21 to switch their international allegiance.

Under the old rules players with dual nationality, who had already played for a countryā€™s national team at youth level, were only allowed to switch loyalties until the age of 21.

Last week a motion from the Algerian Football Association, removing the reference to the age limit, was passed by 58% of the FIFA Congress, opening the way for many players to get a second chance in international football.

The rule change does not affect any player who has played for the full national team as they are barred from switching nations.

Players like Kevin Nolan, Mark Noble, Jamie Oā€™Hara and Anton Ferdinand have been linked with the Republic of Ireland in the past and this rule change could open the door for such players to wear the green jersey in the future.

However, Cunningham is wary of the change and said: 'It wouldnā€™t be something Iā€™d be hugely in favour of, I know thereā€™s been examples of players at a younger age switching allegiance but I think at 19/20 years of age if you make a commitment to a country you should see it through.

'If you have a change of heart in your mid-20s and decide to jump ship, thereā€™s always a suspicion that youā€™re using that country just to enhance your own football career, thatā€™s something that wouldnā€™t sit comfortably with me.

'Ireland are close to qualifying for a World Cup without the addition of these particular players and Iā€™d like to see the manager stick with the players that have got us this far in the competition.

ā€˜Iā€™d be very disappointed if I was a player in that squad to miss out on the World Cup for somebody who was jumping on board at the last minute. I agree with Monteladoā€™

Joke stuff this, sure why not go the whole way and let players pick whatever country they want to play for.

dont confuse anger with the reluctance to use childish smilies or handclappies in my every post