Ferdinand, Noble, Nolan and O'Hara

Bit of a surprise to me anyway Kev. Wouldnā€™t think heā€™s any better than our current wingers anyway.

Fucking hell! Thatā€™s gas. Canā€™t see him getting a game though. Weā€™ve about a million wingers at the moment.

Thats true, he is in good form though in fairness to him, his work rate is unreal these days.

Anyway iā€™d take Duff on form anyday even if i did want the cunt playing with us.

Wolves midfielder Jamie Oā€™Hara has signalled his intent to fight for senior international recognition with England rather than the Republic of Ireland.

The 24-year-old has represented England all the way up to Under-21 level, but found himself at the centre of speculation that he could opt to try his luck with Ireland, for whom he also qualifies, after failing to make it into Fabio Capelloā€™s plans.

However, having seen team-mate Matt Jarvis win an England cap against Ghana last season, Oā€™Hara is now hoping to prove himself worthy of a chance.

Oā€™Hara, who completed a Ā£5million move to Molineux last month, told the clubā€™s official website, www.wolves.co.uk: 'I have decided I want to play for England.

'Itā€™s always been my ambition as a young player. I played in all the age groups through the years and now Iā€™m looking to get off to a flying start.

'Iā€™m looking to be a key figure for Wolves this season, and getting into the England squad is something I really want to do.

'I had a good end to last season and, coming into the new season, I want to have a cracking start and get into the England reckoning.

ā€˜I think it has been proved with this England manager that if you play regularly in the Premier League and do well, you have got a chance of getting in the squad.ā€™

Apart from when you courted Ireland apparently.

I have no problem with that. If he ever changes his mind then he can prove his credentials by getting a relevant tattoo or posting a video of himself singing Irish rebels songs on You Tube or something.

Iā€™d say he looked at the likes of Meyler, McCarthy, Clifford and Paul Green and thought ā€œI donā€™t have a fucking hope hereā€. Lucky for him he had the fall-back of England to try and realise his international ambitions.

Just look at Simon Cox; learned Amhran na bhFiann on You Tube. Thatā€™s the type of commitment required.

Could this lad put out anymore begging statements to Club England?

Oā€™Hara decides heā€™s not Irish after all

Wolves winger Jamie Oā€™Hara has announced that he wants to try and play for England, meaning he no longer feels like representing Ireland.

Back in February Oā€™Hara said: ā€œAll my family are Republic of Ireland,ā€ he said. "In Wicklow, Iā€™ve got a big Irish family and theyā€™re always phoning me up saying, ā€˜come and play for Irelandā€™, but through the young stages Iā€™ve always played for England, so I wouldnā€™t want to be disrespectful and say Iā€™d play for Ireland when Iā€™m not 100pc.

ā€œBut now, if the opportunity was to come, Iā€™m 24, Iā€™m playing Premier League football hopefully on a regular basis, so if I get the phone call, itā€™s something Iā€™d look at.ā€

There was no great clamour from anybody other than his family over here to get Oā€™Hara in and in fairness to him he was never banging on Giovanni Trapattoniā€™s door for a call-up anyway but he has decided to try and make it into the England team.

ā€œI want to play for England,ā€ he said this weekend. ā€œItā€™s always been my aim to play for England since I was a kid. Iā€™ve played for England at all levels. And it would be unfair to play for Ireland. I love all my Irish family. I speak to them all the time. They would love me to play for Ireland. But it would be unfair on the Irish players.ā€

Would have been a good option but maybe no more than that. Saw him play centrally against Liverpool recently. He made Charlie Adam seem mobile.

Glad Oā€™Haraā€™s not going to play for us. Iā€™ve no issue with English born players representing Ireland, but he always seemed like a horrible cunt with shit dress sense.

Wolves defender Richard Stearman could be available to Republic of Ireland boss Giovanni Trapattoni next season.
Press Association Sport have reported that the FAI is in the process of completing the paperwork which will make the former England Under-21 international eligible for selection.
Stearman, who qualifies through his maternal grandparents, has previously spoken of his hope of winning senior international recognition with Ireland.
The 25-year-old told the East Anglian Daily Times in February: "Itā€™s in the process at the moment. I am gaining a passport and citizenship and hopefully that will be not far around the corner.
ā€œAll my family on my motherā€™s side are Irish and I am looking to get on the international scene.ā€
Trapattoni has cast the net wide in recent seasons in an attempt to increase the pool of players from which he can select.
Richard Dunne, John Oā€™Shea, Sean St Ledger and Darren Oā€™Dea have been his central defensive mainstays in recent seasons, but he is keen to blood younger players and Everton full-back Seamus Coleman and Wigan midfielder James McCarthy established themselves as regulars last season.
Stearmanā€™s club future is currently uncertain with Ipswich boss Mick McCarthy, who took him on loan from Wolves in January keen to make the reunion permanent after a successful spell at Portman Road.
However, the Black Country club are understood to have placed a Ā£1million price-tag on the man they signed from Leicester in June 2008 with new manager Kenny Jackett attempting to convince him to remain at Molineux, where he has a year of his existing deal to run.

Great news. A League 1 defender.

Mark Noble and Curtis Davies are being touted in the media as two players that will be sounded out by Oā€™Neill for call ups to the Ireland squad.

I heard that this morning. They can fuck right off. Noble is fucking Eastenders Landaner and it would be like listening to Totti and Tosspotty after a game about how they mugged off Lithuania with a last minute winner in a qualifier. Can he even get into the West Ham team these days?

Once thereā€™s Irish blood there, theyā€™re welcome and entitled to don the Irish shirt. Unlike these residency cunts in the Rugby or the sham fuckers who represent Ireland in cricket because theyā€™re married an Irish moth.

Embarrassing.

Oā€™Poppy and Queen trying to further their British stamp on the team.

Quelle surprise.

Farcical.

[quote=ā€œRudi, post: 869214, member: 1052ā€]Oā€™Poppy and Queen trying to further their British stamp on the team.

Quelle surprise.[/quote]

Almost as ridiculous as Trapattoni picking an Argentinian with an Italian great grandfather for the Azzurri?