Fianna Fail

They should send Timmy over to London to negotiate for us.

He’s a British agent

2 Likes

MI5 gave him a couple of bags of new spuds and a joint of bacon as reimbursement

Fianna Fail TDs for Clare have always preferred to sit on the sidelines and throw stones while the Blueshirts go to London to negotiate

6 Likes

Yourself and Tony Killeen have something else in common of course

Hard to believe a chap called Timmy from the west of Ireland could be a simpleton.

8 Likes

@Bandage is there much talk down your way about the goings on in Wexford FF? Seems they’ve gone out of their way to usurp Lisa Simpson from the ticket for Mick Wallace’s by-election seat. She’s been moaning in the local papers for a few weeks now and seems a right piece of work

Picture ?

Definitely not

1 Like

2 Likes

I don’t know anything other than what’s been in the papers.

Mrs Simpson has been a very poor vote getter in practically every election she’s run in. She got a big leg up from Bertie Ahern early in her political career as one of his Seanad nominees but never capitalised on that.

The head of the road haulage association or whatever it’s called, Verona Murphy is running for FG I gather. She’s an able lassie who’s gotten a decent education and a business solely by the dint of effort and resilience. She’ll be there or thereabouts in the final shake-up you’d have to think.

2 Likes

Paul Kehoe has been coming under a lot of fire. He’s fairly lightweight and has to be under pressure from Verona for Fine Gael votes. Against that Verona is from Ramsgrange and New Ross district usually votes solidly Fianna Fáil.

There’s the Mick Wallace vote as well which could break every way. A lot of Wallace’s base would have been soft Fianna Fáil votes.

James Browne and D’Arcy are safe and probably Howlin as well.

She was on the #Marian Finucane show about 15-18 months ago and was seriously saying that in the event of a no deal, the border could just be left as is, in the way that Brexiteers say “well we won’t put a border in place”

I could not take her remotely seriously after that

It’s not yourself Verona is attempting to convince, it’s the good people of Wexford. They’re hardly all devotees of Marian Finucane. She’ll have a fighting chance in any event.

2 Likes

Neither am I

I just like TDs to have some small grasp of Brexit given it’s sort of an important issue for Ireland

In terms of TDs who have no grasp of major issues, Wexford already has Paul Kehoe, which is more than enough as it is

1 Like

She’s a regular on Eamon Dunphys podcast. Comes across fairlybwell

Malcolm is presumably the Fianna Fáil nominee for the by election? Malcolm and Mrs Simpson have been in competition forever. They were in the same class in UCD.

Yes.