FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

There simply has to be another goal in this.

Imagine if my two great loves, South Korea and Denmark, were to meet at some point in the knock-out stages. :wub:

Cameroons pants wearing goalkeeper nearly making a howler thereā€¦

The cameras just about picked up what looked like a lovely bit of skill from Paul Le Guen thereā€¦

Magnificent save by Sorensen. :clap:

Why is it that Cameroonā€™s green, red and yellow combination always looks the epitome of cool while Carlowā€™s combination of the same colours always looks dreadful? I suppose the answer should be obvious, Carlowā€™s jersey is generally worn by ginger, freckled, boggers with beer bellies, and thatā€™s just their female supporters.

We need to beat Japan in the final group game to qualify. We can do this. Believe.

Wonderfully entertaining World Cup fare this evening.

Certainly. Iā€™d go as far as to say that was the match of the tournament.

Bill Oā€™Herlihy talks a fair amount of shite at times too.

EDITā€¦ Nevermind

Nice bit of barely concealed casual racism from the Cork man. Must be said though that the odds on no African team reaching the last 16 have fallen dramtically.

No. Japan have a better goal difference. Both beat Cameroon by 1 goal but the Danes lost by 2 to Holland whereas Japan only lost 1-0 to them today. So the drawā€™s good enough for Japan.

Brady admitting heā€™d never heard of Kjaer before the World Cup began. FFS. Has he been living under a rock the past two years. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Liam is RTEā€™s resident Serie A expert.

Brady saying there that he has ā€œa nice sumā€ on Holland ā€œat a good priceā€ to win the World Cup.

I know for a fact that Brady is big into gambling, and is probably a mug.

What players have impressed you in the tournament so far?

I thought FORLAN was tremendous the other night in all aspects of front play and carried a threat on his own against France. He deserved his goals against South Africa given the quality of his link up play, movement and passing when he dropped deeper.

OZIL really stood out in both Germanyā€™s games. Some beautifully measured defence splitting passes displaying his vision and a great ability to break forward at pace himself too.

BRADLEY, the American midfielder, was some I mentioned to the lads before the tournament as being a player that impressed me on limited previous viewings. Apparently he wasnā€™t too hectic in the Bundesliga in the season just gone but heā€™s excelled as an all round midfielder in both their games. He gets on the ball and passes it with good tempo, makes his tackles and gets forward too - scored the late equaliser yesterday.

DE ROSSI gave a powerhouse midfield display for Italy the other night; heā€™s the best midfield player in the world.

MAICON is a special talent and that was a magnificent goal against North Korea.

ENYEAMA made a series of superb saves for Nigeria against both Argentina and Greece but itā€™s slightly tempered by spilling a shot that led to the Greece winner the other day.

ALEXIS SANCHEZ was superb for Chile the other day against Honduras and delivered on some of the promise heā€™s shown in patches for Udinese. Great balance, pace and an ability to make deft little passes to open up defences when cutting inside.

Iā€™m bored now so thatā€™s it.

To add to Banadages list. Others to imress IMO are:

Kjaer - Denmark
Dos Santos - Mexico

ki- south korea
samaras- greece
pizzaro- chile
ddr- italy
burdisso- argentina
juan-brazil

I believe you were the main cheer leader for England before the WC started :rolleyes: . My beloved Oranje have been cut five points already. Great stuff from the senior pundit on the forum :clap: