FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

Chile could really do with a second goal to give them a little bit of brething space in the goal difference. They mightn’t get a better chance than that.

Holy fook. It’s all happening.

Tale of missed chances in the last few minutes. Chile should be more than one up but Switzerkand missed a gilt-edgd chance to draw level. Valdivia booked for diving in the box. Correct decision.

Ya good decision, Chile could regret the missed chances. A draw against Spain though will most likely see them win the group and Spain go out.

Those players look completely fucked after it, it was open for last 30.

Chile win, but they are at serious risk of being the unlucky team in a three way tie. Presuming the Spanish knock a few past Honduras, a 1-0 win for the Swiss against Honduras and any win for Spain over Chile would put Chile out. A Brazil-Spain last 16 clash now looks unlikely as if Spain are to qualify it will surely be by winning the group. Switzerland are a horrible team and it would be bad for the tournament for them to qualify.

Souness: “The black lad up front, I’d imagine he comes from an African background.” :lol:

Spain-Chile will be some match, the stakes couldn’t be higher.

Just to slightly correct what I wrote above. Chile’s goal difference is F2 A0. Switzerland’s is F1 A1. A 1-0 win for the Swiss over Honduras and a 1-0 win for Spain against Chile would actually mean Chile qualify over Switzerland owing to the head to head (Chile and Switzerland would have identical goal differences). A 2-0 win for the Swiss would guarantee qualification for them.

You’ll see what the graph looks like later tonight. Not pretty. Still about 10 cards behind.

RTE highlighting the sickening play acting of one Daniele De Rossi.

He should be banned for that shit, worse than the Kaka incident.

They are all at it… it would make you sick. The fucking Greeks and the Serbs are almost worse than the Italians.

What De Rossi incident did they highlight? I watched both Italian matches and he certainly wasn’t involved in any controversial incidents.

Spain:
1-Iker Casillas;
15-Sergio Ramos, 3-Gerard Pique, 5-Carles Puyol, 11-Joan Capdevila;
14-Xabi Alonso, 8-Xavi, 16-Sergio Busquets;
22-Jesus Navas, 9-Fernando Torres, 7-David Villa.

I am not liking the balance of that midfield especially if it means that Xavi will be made play in a more advanced position…Iniesta I presume is injured as he looked lively v Switzerland and would be more suited to that role…

Did i hear things or did Johnny Giles just curse there???

Yeah, I thought he did too but I wasn’t sure. :lol:

Iniesta is injured all right.

I didn’t hear it Puke.

Was busy typing here and wasn’t really paying attention, it was when they brought up the graphic of the spanish team and he said something like that is fucked or something similar

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/102274235.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF87892102A727B1636DE2E62C490A3B672AA6F5A86472B5EEFD955D3EDE87892C3FD6F3E30A760B0D811297

It’s not that interesting at all.

It’s written by a woman.

It talks (much like you) about how the Senna of 2 years ago is missed. Unfortunately Senna has regressed. Thanks for the link though.

I can confirm Giles did not curse