FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

Itā€™s really annoying to think that a Swiss victory over Honduras by two goals will mean that one of Spain or Chile must go out.

yeah always been impressed with him anytime i have seen him for Valenciaā€¦bags of pace and creativity to borrow one of Dennis Irwinā€™s phrases

Fookin Spanish cunts

Profligate.

Horrible miss from Villa. Mac not best pleased.

Iā€™m ready to smack Houghton at this stage. Suazo had a rare shot for Honduras that flew wide and he was begrudging him the effort and launching into the usual ā€˜ah if only heā€™d looked up, he could have slipped his team-mate in for a run in on the keeperā€™ patter. No sooner had Casillas taken the resultant kick out than the ball had run through for Fabregas whose shot was cleared off the line after he rounded the keeper and Ray chimed straight in with ā€˜ah if only heā€™d looked up, he could have seen David Villa completely free in the middleā€™. Iā€™m surprised the cunt didnā€™t have a go at Villa for not passing the penalty to someone.

+1

Thought Fabregas was pretty shite there actually.

Spainā€™s finishing needs to improve hugely if they are to beat Chile. I have a bad feeling about it.

Vastly overrated player. Bit part player in 2008 for Spain and has won or done nothing of note in his club career. Tried a shot from a freekick from the touchline, which smacked of playing for himself too when he came on.

Didnā€™t play like a guy determined to win his place. Couple of nice touches but he strolled around and gave it away a fair bit.

What a load of shite there from Whelan.

Bringing on Fabregas was ok but the lad on the left didnā€™t look up too much.

Ah for Godā€™s sake did he really say that? Clown.

I think Navas has been pretty average over the course of both matches.He doesnā€™t convince me at all.

My favourite AprƩs Match of the tournament so far. He gets that retard Des Cahill spot on with the inane interjections, repetition of what the interviewee has said and general mannerisms. Andy Reid deserves an international recall for being up for the laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kd3laextPcw

Bradyā€™s genuinely on a sulk because the lads are giving him a gentle jibing about Torresā€™ missed chances after he heralded him as the best striker in the world pre game. The Shan of May 2009 wouldnā€™t have reacted so childishly.*

• This is not a criticism of Shan, whoā€™s an all right sort.

Gilesyā€™s a bit pissed here too.

Saying a deflection gives a ball ā€˜a natural dipā€™. Eh, itā€™s unnatural. And saying it was a great finish by Villa even though he didnā€™t mean to put it there and despite the deflection.

England are in crisis.

Guillem Balague said on 5 Live that he thinks Spain have done an England and got their altitude training all wrong.

Ha Terry got some roasting from Capello.

ā€œI read yesterday John Terry said this and I donā€™t understand why he didnā€™t speak with me. When you speak, you have to speak privately. This is a very big mistake. The mistake is you have to speak with me, the players and the dressing room.ā€

ā€œthere is no revolution; itā€™s about the mistake of one player, no moreā€

ā€œI hope out of the big mistake can come a big performance,ā€

ā€œOne player is not so important compared to all the others. The group is more important. For this reason, it is no problem. We are here to play at the World Cup, not for a holiday.ā€