FIFA World Cup 2010 - Group Stage

This along with the fact that Noel is buddies with Del Piero and Del boy made him go to and wear the same clothes from semi final to final of last world cup, as he felt it was good luck.

Maybe Oasis are what you need to win a World Cup. You’d think they’d do something for their own country.

Rumour has it that Oasis were asked to do the official song for England for one of the World Cups’s by the FA and they told them jog on that they were Irish…Very much alright sorts

I was talking about us Puke. :smiley:

Yet Noel goes around with a Union Jack guitar.

Sums them up really.

Frauds.

I wonder would farmer admit to liking their new song, i think its a quality tune, and surely the mass appeal is gone now so he can appreciate it more.

I think as 1st generation they are quite entitled to have dual interests. They grew up in Manchester for god sake, its about as english as it gets. I have no problem with them supporting England, as long as we get same respect, which i believe we do.

Spent much of their summers in Mayo each year I believe, kicked a bit of gaelic even according them in an interview once. Noel always came across as an alright sort to me. Leo Messi is, as always, on the ball here.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd we’re off…

I would have no problem with them being English either but don’t make a big deal about saying that you’re Irish while at the same time flaunting your Englishness.

My dislike for Oasis has nothing to do with their mass popularity by the way. That’s a silly, lazy argument.

I’m not getting into a music debate with you, but i think dual patrionism is genuinely ok in certain circumstances. They owe their being to Ireland and their parents, but they owe their success and opportunity to England.

Gentleman, with regard to the “No African team to qualify” bet.

I’m discounting Algeria, South Africa and Ivory Coast.
Cameroon are gone.
Nigeria need to beat South Korea.
Ghana seem to be the biggest threat.

I’m willing to ride out today. I can see myself betting on Ghana to qualify tomorrow.
Thoughts?

I disagree with you all, I think Mexico and Uruguay will play out a tepid draw, much like Norway and Sweden who needed a 2-2 draw in the Euro championships to go through. Neither will mind first or second place, as the groups are all fooked up and will just be glad to get out of it at all.

Serbia and Germany for me, 1&2. Ghana won’t do it.

Gman i think you underestimating the ambition of the Mexicans, they see this as their best team ever, they eye a semi final spot, and its not beyond them either.

You can be both Farmer, as your beloved Morrissey once wrote. “Irish blood, English heart”.

Anyway turns out the whole Argentina squad and Diego are fans.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3023762/Lionel-Messi-inspired-by-Oasis.html
Hey Lionel

The combined skills of Ghandi, Kofi Annan, Nelson Mandela and Terry Waite would struggle to broker peace between the warring Oasis brothers.

But Lionel Messi - the planet’s most special footballer since Archie Gemmill - reckons he can smooth the volatile diplomatic minefield between Noel and Liam Gallagher.

The little wizard has spent the World Cup receiving a masterclass in Oasis from his Argentina team-mate, Manchester City star Carlos Tevez.

And the Barcelona Lord has fallen in love with the band, vowing to do everything in his power to get them back together if the Argies win the World Cup. Messi said: "Ever since he has been playing in Manchester, Carlitos has told me how great Oasis was. I kept promising I would listen to them, but I never got round to it.

"On the plane on the way to the World Cup Carlitos made me listen to their first two albums. I have to say I wasn’t expecting much but it is some of the best material I have ever heard. They are absolutely amazing.

"Their songs are incredible. I would have to say Supersonic and Live Forever are my favourites. I have been listening to their stuff on my iPod dock in the hotel room, on the way to the matches and in the dressing room. I can’t believe it’s taken me all this time to finally listen to them.

"I’ve been watching their live performances on YouTube and they look like they’d be amazing to see in concert.

"I asked Carlitos if we could go and see them in Manchester or London in concert, but he told me they have split up.

"I showed the rest of the boys in the Argentina squad their stuff and I promise you, everybody absolutely loves it.

"A few knew a couple of their songs but for most of them it was their first listen.

"We have agreed that if we win the World Cup we want to fly them over to Argentina for our celebration party.

“We just need them to name their price.”

I’m sure Noel would enjoy a spot of chin-stroking contemplation about that after an early afternoon bag of Monster Munch.

Argentina boss Maradona is a fan of the Man City supporting boys too. He met them in Buenos Aires back in 1997, months before he was sentenced for shooting journalists.

It would take an act from the Hand of God to repair the biblical scrap between the most famous feuding brothers.

The Sun is a really top notch publication.

But Lionel Messi - the planet’s most special footballer since Archie Gemmill - reckons he can smooth the volatile diplomatic minefield between Noel and Liam Gallagher.

:o

Ah thats fucking terrific reading. Argentina are forever in my hearts anyway, but this just puts it over the top. :clap: :wub: :barcasmile:

[quote=“caoimhaoin, post: 478675”]
I think as 1st generation they are quite entitled to have dual interests. They grew up in Manchester for god sake, its about as english as it gets. I have no problem with them supporting England, as long as we get same respect, which i believe we do.
[/quote]

Bollocks it is,only London has a bigger Irish Diaspora than Manchester.

The Gallaghers are twats of the highest order,English when it suits them one day and Irish the next.
Their older brother Paul is probably the worst DJ of all time.
One night in the 32 Club he introduced the band as “The Duglin Robes*” Prick.

*The Dublin Rogues.

Wouldn’t have know that Manus. I’m not bothered about who they support really, i like Noel and Liam is an idiot, no matter where they are from.

Paul Gallagher is a DJ now?!! Thats priceless, as idiot brothers go that guy tops the lot.

He was a DJ a good few years ago,he may be doing something worthwhile these days.