Fitness XL- Your training routine

Haven’t run for the last 6 months with a hamstring tendon issue. Slowly building it back up now though with 3 min jog, 1 min walk intervals. Can’t wait to be able to run without issue again

3 Likes

First run to top of Keeper Hill this morning since last March. Beautiful, if cold, day. A nice 17km jog. You’d want your head examined to be running roads this time of the year (cc @Tassotti)

1 Like

24:23 this morning. We’ll get there.

7 Likes

I did a fartlek session yesterday evening. No times recorded just a 1.5 mile circuit where I varied pace at different intervals. A 4 miler on the books for tomorrow.

1 Like

Cc @Bandage

Into the gym this morning. Did my weights circuit. I was a bit time-pressed then so did a 2,000m row in 7:45. The rowing is something else to absolutely empty you in less than 10 mins

4 Likes

2k in under 8 minutes after a full session is good going. Did you row at some stage? Most of the time you’d see lads on a rowing machine in a gym they are doing shameful shit to it.

1 Like

4m/6.5k - 32 mins

Getting there.

6 Likes

23:45, grand morning for it.

2 Likes

do you run on your own?

Sometimes. I had someone with me this morning. It’s a great 5k, loads of hills and dips and goes along by the estuary for a stretch so there can be a serious headwind

any parkruns near you? you’d see that time improve if you went along if you had the time

There are two within reach but the Saturday morning time doesn’t suit. I’ve literally only done the 3 runs posted above, one a week, so happy with improvements.

1 Like

Cunt of a morning up here so chickened out of it. Great time.

The grand morning was tongue in cheek, it was fuckin miserable :smile:

1 Like

5km trots should really be documented in the pretend fitness thread, @TreatyStones. This thread is more for shapers to talk about Hungarian snatch drops, Belgian dead flings and irate Romanian swing lift jabs.

7 Likes

Bracing this morning!

2 Likes

5k - 23.15 - Galway racecourse

3 Likes

Should that not be 3m1f

5 Likes

The roar of the pretend crowd really drove me on along with the pretend lashes of Ninas whip.