Fitness XL- Your training routine

If its scar tissue build up you are wasting your time going to physio. Make an appointment with paddy leahy in laser centre in dublin.

May take 3 months for an appointment but well worth it.

1 Like

Ya it’s most likely a chronic problem and office work a contributing factor.

You are likely over using or u derstand using muscle along the chain. Most likely rear shoulder. So then there is an over load and a weak spot.

I would Consider trying high rep light weights.

Not going to say much about tendinitis. A physio needs to diagnose that but also it’s a lose ly tossed around term and is often not really what’s going on.

Try this and see how you go as a warm up

1.1/2 kneeling Bottom up KB Press x Max
2.Eccentric Banded Bicep Curls (negatives/real slow back) x minimum 12 but to fatigue
3.Eccentric Face Pulls (band or cable) minimum 12 but to fatigue

Thanks for the advice kev. Maybe it’s rear delts. I think I’ll get a physio to have a look at it anyway. Doesn’t seem like it’s going to go away on its own.

1 Like

Ya get their advice and then ask me. The mix of their diagnose and instruction and the likes of my exercise catalog can very often lead to the solution

Have started listening to 80s power ballads during workouts. Nothing like a bit of Richard Marx blaring during a heavy deadlifting session.

3 Likes

Listen to this and imagine you are in your own 80s movie training montage

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nj-bu7xrAG4

1 Like

It’s a tried and tested formula for me. Nothing like foreigner “i want to know what love is” to get you over the line for a sub 22 5k

2 Likes

Thinking of trying crossfit. Is it any good?

I could definitely see how youd get an edge alright. I’d say if I timed my max lift to the bit when Ann Wilson of Heart is explaining to the Hitchhiker years later about his son that I’d definitely knock another few reps out.

1 Like

PLEASE PLEEEEAAASE UNDERSTAAAAAAAAAAAND

1 Like

It’s a great place for meeting women.

:rofl::joy:

Take, these broken wings, and learn to fly again…

1 Like

She was a cunt on many levels there.

But a great early insight into women for me that was.

She was acting the cunt, she didn’t write the song.

I don’t care. It still catapulted my hatred of women don’t you know.

3 Likes

:sunglasses::sunglasses:

:joy:

Hmmm. Will be signing up so. :grinning:

Where you considering Taz?

There are 2 versions of Crossfit.
1 owned and run by chances hopping in a bandwagon with little to no real understanding of the physiology of exercise.

1 that leaves the Crossfit template but is using its marketing reach cleverly. These guys are usually actual S&C Coaches and occasionally Sports Science graduates (although SS grads can fall into group 1 as well sometines)