Fitness XL- Your training routine

looking for a good aerobic conditioning drill, any suggestions?

Run Forest Run. Watch Kev go into meltdown. :slight_smile:

1 Like

What’s the end goal, brah?

not to be bent over panting in the middle of a game…

1 Like

What kind of game? :thinking:

field games in general pal, Gaelic football or Soccer.

the panting comes from over exertion, im not sure if you are overly familiar with the term “exertion”

2 Likes

Nope, you’ve lost me there alright.

2 Likes

So it’s for Gaelic football?

@caoimhaoin has put plenty of them up here over last few years. Two opposing points and combination of sprints at 60% max x 5 - - 80% x5 — 90% x5 etc. etc taking fluctuating recovery time … 45 seconds - 30 seconds - 20 seconds… and do 3 - 5 rounds … you know yourself, just replicate the kind of runs and recovery time you’d make during a game… you can crank it up after a couple of sessions… I take it with Wexford out of Football you’ll be tooling up soon enough?

with us still in the Hurling we wont be at anything until that has been put to bed… which is madness as we could easily have fitted a round in such is life…

@caoimhaoin could you recommend a good yoga instructor in Cork. What I hope to get out of it is better agility, injury prevention and better breathing techniques.

https://youtu.be/RW1C_3OXhEs

45 seconds to run the length of a hurling pitch. Rest whatever you have left of the 45. Go again. X10.
Warm up first.
Tickles a bit.

BTW it won’t get any easier playing. You’ll just run more and feel equally awful.

Where you based roughly?

Ypu do not need a yoga instructor so.

In some cases they can increase injury risk.

Now I do know a fantastic yoga teacher, she is a physio too, but you sound like you need S&C

An S and C instructor in yoga pants

Where did I say that?

I do not believe I would prescribe that type of training specifically.

Train high and train low.

Sprint and tempo runs are simplest way to prepare

Mount Oval

:scream:

Go way ta fuck…

Pilates more than yoga i’d say and as Kev says, strengthening …