Fitness XL- Your training routine

I only started doing proper “ass to grass” ones recently. Had to knock off 2/3 of the weight to do them properly.
Doing 30kg plus the bar is as much as I can manage
:scream:

A d thats the issue. People cannot be expected to understand the science of exercise. Thats the job of the trainer. And considering you can become a trainer in a few days then it tells you all you need to know

Careful of them. They can erode L3 to L5 (lumbar spine sections)
Alot of this ass to grass thing is flawed and not everyone is built to do it.

When I squat I just go below the knees. With my hips slightly back.

Generally thats enough as tou engage the glutes. However a neutral back is the most important part, not depth.

Squats are over rated, especially back squats. An awful lot of people ahould never so them

1 Like

Now that is informative. How do you know whether you are or not?

If you have what is called butt wink then you shouldn’t be squatting too low. You have a tilted pelvis. Its like a little rotation of the hips just at the end of the squat. If you have that then stop squatting. Tou would need to sort out the pelvic tilt first and do another form of squatting.

Front and/or goblet squatting has natural corrective elements that suit most people. Its all about keeping a neutral back.

But if you are doing some bridges and deadlifting then parallel squats are fine. Lunges and split squats and sumo squats are sometimes better for protecting your knees and that is actually the job of squats.

Some serious depth in Chocolate Mice’s squats last night…

http://www.trainingmask.com/

Gimmick or no?

anyone have any experience of it?

LOL has to be a joke.

Is it like an altitude gym for your face?

They’ve been used by the limerick hurling team, so I think that tells you all you need to know.

1 Like

I saw Darren O’Sullivan using one last year.

Higher profile athletes qho have used them include Marshawn Lynch, Dwayne Wade and Lebron.

And Wayne McNamara

:-joy:

looks unreal, where can I get one?

1 Like

First session back after a two week break and I fucking wrecked the place… My energy levels following this 16/8 are off the charts. I’ll be going for a light jog later to calm me down, i’m wired here.

1 Like

They are nonsense and have no true scientific value.
A true gimmick.

Whats a 16/8