Fitness XL- Your training routine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtHry04Fqik

1 Like

Im doing 10k every morning

1 Like

Do it without rope first. All it is really is the feet moving back and forward with bare movement off the ground. Its a tiny skip

That man is doing wicked damage to his Lumbar region in at least 3 of those exercises. That push up variation is silly.

1 Like

Great circuits session last night. Feeling it a bit today though. First hard session like that in a long time.

Next time take your tampon out and you probably won’t be as sore the next day.

I would rip the head clean off you.

1 Like

People’s park, Saturday @11am.

1 Like

Did an all body weight circuit last night, found it quite good and not too sore today.

Strangely for a GAA organised activity the focus was on technique rather than doing as many as possible in a cross fit type fashion.

not too sore at all day.

You obviously took your tampon out :sunglasses:

Then it was no good.
If you aren’t in agony and puking after it then you are wasting your time.

That’s it.

People’s Park, Saturday 11.15am.

2 Likes

I’ll rip his head off at 11, you can shit down his throat at 11:15

1 Like

A new study published in the Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research found that 3 minute rests times are superior to 1 minute rest times for stimulating muscle growth.

“After eight weeks, the researchers used ultrasound imaging to measure the lifters’ muscle growth. The men who had rested longer had more growth in all the muscles tested: the biceps, triceps, and quads.”

They also improved their 1RM by a significantly greater margin than the 1 minute rest group for the squat (15.2 to 7.1% gain) and the bench (12.7 to 4.1% gain).

Men’s Health article on the study here - http://www.menshealth.com/fitness/how-long-rest-between-sets

1 Like

Balls. I hate rest time between sets.

If you do 25-30 sets in a session, even taking it from 1 minute to 2 minutes is bringing you close to 15 mins longer in the gym. I guess if you’re only doing 2-3 of the major compound lifts in a session it’s not too bad. Maybe just an extra 7-8 minutes which is arguably worth it if you’re accelerating your gains to that degree.

You’d want to be lifting to failure for every set to justify 3 minutes between each one.

Gives you more time to look at yourself in the mirror and stride aimlessly around the weights area

7 Likes

That’s what they did in the study:

It was a typical bodybuilding regimen: back squats, leg presses, leg extensions, bench presses, shoulder presses, lat pulldowns, and cable rows. Each workout, they did three sets of eight to twelve reps of each exercise, lifting to failure.

Unless you’re lifting in the 3-5 rep range I wouldn’t see much point either. Even if there was it isn’t very practical. Either you’d have to spend twice as long in the gym or cut your volume back a lot.

1 Like

It’s what kills me about the gym… just want to get in and get out…