Fitness XL- Your training routine

A man’s best friend.

All going well as momentum was built sliding across the floor… till that moment where it hits a lump of concrete.

Fuck the cunt that finished that floor.
CC: @Massey

2 Likes

Ployo workout earlier.

10 broad jumps x 2
Bench jumps 10 x 2
Jumping Jack squats 10 x 2
Jumping lunges 10 x 2
Knee ups 10 x 2
Jumping squats 10 x 2.

Didn’t feel like much at the time but I’m bolloxed now.

1 Like

Deads 100 kg 3 x 8
Squats 100kg 3 x 8
Bench 90 kg 3 x 8
Pull ups 3 x 8
Military press 30 kg 3 x 8

20 lengths of pool x 20 meters.

You’re doing more harm than good.

2 Likes

I’m a warrior, mate… I don’t really drink. I don’t smoke. And I support Limerick GAA… I have to get my kicks somewhere.

I’m out for hill sprints in the morning.

1 Like

yeah, I was in the parkrun today tipping away at 7:15 pace and coming up the home straight which is about 400m, a few young bucks starting sprinting past me, you know the type, useless cunts in the gym, drinking protein shakes who bench 100kg and run on a threadmill and think their fit, well Tassotti said to himself “fuck that, I’ll show them who the boss is here” I dropped the hammer and went 5:00 to absolutely obliterate them, they were absolutely seething

5 Likes

Had the satisfaction of beating a young lad today. Its always nice to get a win over the guys half your age. 2 and a half hours it took to win. In bits now. :grinning:

4 Likes

Lovely feeling knowing you’re only in 3rd gear when other cunts are roaring away in 6th with the tongues out.

1 Like

Ah yeah. The third placed woman breezed past as well. She thought she had me. They timed the kick all wrong. I annilated them within 50m. I could sense their exasperation and anger as I collected my token. They shouldn’t haven’t challenge me

I thought you were squatting 140?

is that his 1 rep max?

I’ve dropped down for a bit - playing a lot 6 aside, and running - the heavy weights and all that are tough on the joints - I generally dip up and down and go heavy for a couple of months then back to a lower weight and more reps. I hit 160 for 1 rep and kinda stopped at that.

Heavy squats are a cunt to face into every night. I switch to pressing for a month or two though, would be way too depressing to take 20kg off the bar considering how long it takes to put it on.

Changing things up is very important in general, mentally and physically. I have four separate sessions that I pair together to hit everything. Switch them up every six weeks to two months just as the body is starting to get used to them. Makes all the difference in the world. But even changing the number of sets, rep ranges, calorie intake, whatever. It all keeps you moving in the right direction.

4 Likes

There is plent evidence now to show that sub maximal lifting is just as good for building 1RM as close to 1RM training as had been previously thought.

Agreed. Stimulation vital

Explain that in English to me kev please

So traditionally it was felt that you HAD TO train closer to your 1rm (max lift) . Plenty 90-95% Max lifts and do 1rep maxing pretty regular.

But in fact working at lighter weights can be used to increse your max.

Dynamic lifts is one way, using bannds and such things. Or lifting 50-60% really fast also works.

Other methods include Triphasic training, which is emphasizing the eccentric, isometric and concentric parts seperately.

And its all alot safer and somewhat less draining on CNS.

1 Like

Monday - 50 mins cycle (from Whitehall to the back of the airport) home clean up dinner and bed
Tuesday - 50 mins cycle (from Whitehall to the back of the airport) + another 15 mins cycle to the gym , 40 mins weights 20 minute swim
Wednesday see Monday but doing stuff around the house
Thursday 50 min cycle % shopping
Friday 65 mins cycle 1hr weights
Saturday 40 mins cycle 1hr weights 20 min swim
Sunday 30 mins cycle

3 Likes

Would ye not a have a couple of “rest” days

2019 death of feck it. May he RIP.

2 Likes