Fodder Crisis

A corral reef.

Sure they can ate chocolate and all. The solution to farmersā€™ problems is probably sitting on the discount shelves in Tesco('s).

Get those Bales up on Donedeal before the Gravy Train leaves the station.

Itā€™d pull the socks off a dead man.

1 Like

Sheā€™d

Itā€™s a beautiful sunny day lads. Crisis over?

Thereā€™s 40mm of rain due tonight in the south.

I thought today was supposed to be a Wash Out, ye weather forecasters are all Snake Oil Salesmen.

Seen a lot of misfortunate cases at work, some fellas are in bother for the last month or 6 weeks, more lads only starting to feel the pinch in the last week. In many cases, neighbours are helping each other out and being generally decent, though I did hear an appalling story last night of a neighbour charging another neighbour ā‚¬50 a bale for 2 year old silage the day before yesterdayā€¦ There are some awful c you next tuesdayz out thereā€¦ Iā€™d be waiting for the day he is stuck!!

A valuable lesson will be learned from all this hopefully.

Tonight into tomorrow.

Hopefullyā€¦ For the lads that can make enough of it, hopefully they will learn the lessonsā€¦ For the fellas that canā€™tā€¦

For the fellas that canā€™t this has to act as a real pointer that thereā€™s no point being overstocked if you canā€™t save fodder from the ground you have.

If those lads want to continue carrying large stock then they need to buy in more fodder pre housing.

1 Like

Agreedā€¦ very fine line between stocking levels required to stay in business and foddering capabilities in some locations though. I spoke to a gent recently who told me he broke into his pit on 25th Sept last year.

Weā€™re down to the last 3 here. Thereā€™s a lad dropping off a trailer load of premium quality round bales later. He used to cut silage for the Emperor of Japan, so I know it will be good stuff.

14 Likes

Your lies are lies.

The last time I went to confession I inadvertently got my priest to pray for my silage. He arrived out with holy water, me da asked him what he was atā€¦he pointed at me and said ā€œhe said bless me fodderā€.
Sure you couldnā€™t make it up.

1 Like

Iā€™ve my lot well fed anyway.

3 Likes

Shit has officially got serious lads.

@anon98850436 how much a Bale were you looking for?